Banggood. Do they actually ship?

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 29
Location: New York
Banggood. Do they actually ship?

I ordered two lights last week on separate orders (BLF SP36 and BLFQ8).
Both are listed in stock and I ordered from the US warehouse.
Both orders show “shipped”.
One tracking number comes up not found
The other is label created – not yet in system.

What is the story with them? Do they actually mail the stuff, or just send you fake tracking numbers?
To me, “shipped” means they shipped it.

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 4733
Location: Canada

They mail the stuff.

It just takes time to update in the shipping chain.

My very own high current Beryllium Copper springs Gen 3:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/67401
Liitokala Aliexpress Stores Battery Fraud: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/60547

lotrbfme
lotrbfme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 12/05/2018 - 18:03
Posts: 273
Location: FL

They do ship. The tracking takes a while to update.

mrheosuper
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 09/30/2016 - 12:44
Posts: 1406
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

well, they are comfirmed not a scam site. That means they deliver to you what you bought from them.

but sometime accident happens, your package maybe lost somewhere, then you ask for refund, from them, or from Paypal if you pay with Paypal

Forgot my pen

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 29
Location: New York

USPS updates when the package is scanned in.
Strange

amishbill
amishbill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 05/01/2019 - 10:03
Posts: 82
Location: GA

I’ve only ordered from the CN warehouse. It does take a long time, but my packages do eventually arrive.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 29
Location: New York
amishbill wrote:
I’ve only ordered from the CN warehouse. It does take a long time, but my packages do eventually arrive.

I thought that ordering from the US warehouse would be fast.
But what gets me is they say SHIPPED and give tracking numbers (sent the numbers on Friday) and obviously not shipped because the numbers don’t come up in the system.

TrueRMS
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 10 min ago
Joined: 08/09/2013 - 13:24
Posts: 215
Location: Marysville OH

This is gonna sound like I’m being a dick but I promise that’s not the case, I don’t know you, I have zero reason to go out of my way to be a dick to you…

Have you ever worked in a wearhous? And not just any warehouse, a LARGE Warehouse that houses literally tens of thousands of consumer products and sells them to the end-user one at a time?

Shipped means they’ve pulled the item, packaged it, addressed it and put it on their outgoing dock for USPS to pick up. Thats them fulfilling their obligation, it’s in usps’ hands now. Did you want them to drive the items to the post office and wait in line special for you? USPS had a short week last week and obviously they don’t work Sunday either so they’ve only had 16 business hours since Banggood got the items packaged and ready to go (along with, I don’t doubt hundreds of other people’s items at the same time) for the post office to pick them up, pallets at a time and scan them into their system and start their sorting process.

You have tracking numbers and know Banggood has gotten you taken care of, be patient, your super important flashlights will come.

cayman
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 06/29/2019 - 13:16
Posts: 38

all orders from them came to my home in less than 3 weeks. Tracking took forever to update though.

Henk4U2
Henk4U2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 6 min ago
Joined: 02/13/2014 - 17:52
Posts: 2674
Location: The heart of the Netherlands (GMT+1)

Everything I ordered arrived at my doorstep, eventually. And I’m not talking weeks.
Only once it did not, and even then it was taken care of. So I’m a happy camper.
So relax. Forget the whole thing. And act surprised when the doorbell rings.

But: order things separately. That reduces weight, declared value, and interest from “bystanders”.

You are a flashaholic if you are forced to come out of the closet, to make room for more flashlights.

roguesoul
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 06/25/2019 - 15:16
Posts: 24
Location: Lat: 43.14°NLon: 89.35°WElev: 860ft.
In the last month I’ve been on a shopping spree. My impressions are that a few years ago goods were shipped pretty quick. But now, one order from Amazon ordered on a Wed. didn’t ship till the following Mon. Another from the US east cost used DHL who then transferred the package to USPS, what a joke.
lampliter
lampliter's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 16 hours ago
Joined: 07/31/2017 - 16:06
Posts: 128
Location: Paradise

Here’s the system I use with Banggood:
1.Order it
2.Forget about it.
3.Get a nice surprise in your mailbox.

Out of clutter find simplicity---Einstein

amishbill
amishbill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 05/01/2019 - 10:03
Posts: 82
Location: GA

lampliter wrote:
Here’s the system I use with Banggood:
1.Order it
2.Forget about it.
3.Get a nice surprise in your mailbox.

Yep – this does will do wonders for my your mental health.

If you need practice, submit some NFA paperwork with the ATF. It’s not rare for paper forms to take 6-12 months to be approved…

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 29
Location: New York

amishbill wrote:
lampliter wrote:
Here’s the system I use with Banggood:
1.Order it
2.Forget about it.
3.Get a nice surprise in your mailbox.

Yep – this does will do wonders for my your mental health.

If you need practice, submit some NFA paperwork with the ATF. It’s not rare for paper forms to take 6-12 months to be approved…

I live in New York. There is no NFA paperwork because Herr Cuomo does not recognize the US Constitution.

TrueRMS
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 10 min ago
Joined: 08/09/2013 - 13:24
Posts: 215
Location: Marysville OH

amishbill wrote:
If you need practice, submit some NFA paperwork with the ATF. It’s not rare for paper forms to take 6-12 months to be approved…

They cash the check right away don’t they lol.

Great anology!

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 56 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 1885
Location: Sweden

if u chose free shipping u shouldnt complain, if the expensive it can take a few days or more to update, they have no control when the carrier will scan the package etc.. but they are legit when they say something is sent out it usually is.

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

1stein
1stein's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 16 min ago
Joined: 12/24/2017 - 16:25
Posts: 208
Location: Poland

Some people complain, some are neutral. I was complaining too, especially on the ‘Cometa Gate’. But recently things got better for me. A lot. Can’t believe, but out of my last 10 orders, 2 were shipped much sooner than ‘expected arrival date’ and the remaining 8 were sent in less than 24 hours. From my point of view I can see a very positive change.

Henk4U2
Henk4U2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 6 min ago
Joined: 02/13/2014 - 17:52
Posts: 2674
Location: The heart of the Netherlands (GMT+1)
1stein wrote:
Some people complain, some are neutral. I was complaining too, especially on the ‘Cometa Gate’. But recently things got better for me. A lot. Can’t believe, but out of my last 10 orders, 2 were shipped much sooner than ‘expected arrival date’ and the remaining 8 were sent in less than 24 hours. From my point of view I can see a very positive change.

Good for you! Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down. Just kidding.

I too pay attention to shipping dates, but only one thing matters: the time between “ping” and “ding-dong”.
Better said, the time between the notification of PayPal and when the postman rings my doorbell.

You are a flashaholic if you are forced to come out of the closet, to make room for more flashlights.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 29
Location: New York
mortuus wrote:
if u chose free shipping u shouldnt complain, if the expensive it can take a few days or more to update, they have no control when the carrier will scan the package etc.. but they are legit when they say something is sent out it usually is.

I paid for shipping. From the US warehouse.
NOW I am wondering if they are waiting for the stock to arrive from China before “shipping from the US”.

Pete7874
Pete7874's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 11/23/2011 - 16:47
Posts: 2634
Location: USA

scosgt wrote:
I paid for shipping. From the US warehouse.
NOW I am wondering if they are waiting for the stock to arrive from China before “shipping from the US”.

At the time of order, were you given an indication of by when the package is going to reach you? Have they guaranteed a certain delivery date? Are you past that date now? If so, contact their customer service.

I did come across several sellers that advertised their products as “US based”, but in reality, I believe they were forwarding goods from China to some US warehouse/facility, and then shipping from there, so the product would sit in “Shipped” status for a number of days before there was any activity. Still, I got the product by the promised date.

In my experience, dealing with multitude of online vendors and ebay sellers, when the status changes to “Shipped”, all it means is that the seller created a shipping label and a tracking number was assigned. It does not mean that the package was handed over to the carrier nor started moving.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 29
Location: New York

Pete7874 wrote:
scosgt wrote:
I paid for shipping. From the US warehouse.
NOW I am wondering if they are waiting for the stock to arrive from China before “shipping from the US”.

At the time of order, were you given an indication of by when the package is going to reach you? Have they guaranteed a certain delivery date? Are you past that date now? If so, contact their customer service.

I did come across several sellers that advertised their products as “US based”, but in reality, I believe they were forwarding goods from China to some US warehouse/facility, and then shipping from there, so the product would sit in “Shipped” status for a number of days before there was any activity. Still, I got the product by the promised date.

In my experience, dealing with multitude of online vendors and ebay sellers, when the status changes to “Shipped”, all it means is that the seller created a shipping label and a tracking number was assigned. It does not mean that the package was handed over to the carrier nor started moving.

It was stated as 2-8 business days. Ordered on July 3, marked shipped on Friday July 5. So in theory this is only 5 BUSINESS DAYS.
My concern is that they mark it shipped, produce a tracking number, but clearly it is not in the USPS system.
Thus I also suspect they are awaiting shipment from China to the warehouse.
They should simply say so. Rather than causing unrealistic expectations.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 29
Location: New York

SOLVED (sort of)
The tracking numbers they supplied are missing the first two digits!
The first light arrived today, but STILL did not appear in the USPS system
When I looked at the label, there were two more digits in front of what they supplied.
The second light is no doubt the same issue,
They did PM me last night, and their info was somewhat accurate – they stated the one that arrived today was in NYC. This was true.
But they once again supplied incomplete tracking numbers.
Which left me wondering how they could track the packages when I could not.
So at this point it’s all good.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 29
Location: New York

This is the site you need to use to track their shipments. They use FedPost and other crazy stuff and the regular carrier sites won’t track:

https://www.17track.net/en#nums=

Macka17
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 05/08/2017 - 02:31
Posts: 721
Location: Queensland Australia

Aust here.
Everything from China takes a min of 28 days the best.
usually 30 to 34.
Bangood Has ALWAYS been good to me in the yrs I’ve been dealing with them.

Once. a faulty head. Instant follow up with new torch.
One item lost in post. double check. Then they just sent another.
and that was a $145aud torch.

As Lampliter
Pay Forget. 30 days later.
Oh yes. Niiice.
I’d forgotten that one.

Keep ;em swinging low mate.

One day you’ll get the nice surprise..

tirma
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 12/23/2012 - 10:58
Posts: 107

The only problem I had with BG is when they announced a “preorder” item, I pre-purchased it (paid) and it never arrived on specifiedd date… delayed… further delay… more delay… I got angry and cancelled. They, an odisea to get the refund.