Fireflies E01 with Osram PM1 W2 15W 6500K and SST-40 5000K

39 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

lightdecay
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 06/17/2019 - 08:55
Posts: 134
Location: U.S.A.
Fireflies E01 with Osram PM1 W2 15W 6500K and SST-40 5000K

http://www.ff-light.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=58

More emitter options! There used to be only one: SST-40 5700K

This could be a decent small-ish thrower: $35, Anduril, and 125 kcd with Osram W2

Edited by: lightdecay on 09/24/2019 - 17:42
Th558
Th558's picture
Offline
Last seen: 38 min 15 sec ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 16:19
Posts: 451
Location: United Kingdom

That’s actually amazing. Outthrows my L16 and almost matches the GT mini whilst being much smaller. Been waiting for some lights with this LED. I wonder if its running in direct drive and how much current is going to the emitter. Just ordered the Osram ROT66 so I won’t be getting it right now but might in the future.

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 3162
Location: US

The 125kcd is impressive considering it is not even using a reflector.

Kindle
Kindle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 04/22/2011 - 10:24
Posts: 688
Location: USA

Strongly thinking about grabbing one….but I already have three lights on the way.

What to do, what to do. lol

Th558
Th558's picture
Offline
Last seen: 38 min 15 sec ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 16:19
Posts: 451
Location: United Kingdom

Kindle wrote:
Strongly thinking about grabbing one….but I already have three lights on the way.

What to do, what to do. lol


Ask your wallet
Ekstasis
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 12/26/2017 - 14:32
Posts: 66

So is there any beamshots of the osram emitter? Trying to get a sense of throw to flood ratio in the beam I have noticed the extreme candela rating.

Overload
Overload's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 01/15/2018 - 16:43
Posts: 79
Location: Belguim

Following

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 526
Location: New York

The original is an awesome thrower.
But I like the idea of 6500K

Kindle
Kindle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 04/22/2011 - 10:24
Posts: 688
Location: USA

Mine shipped yesterday. Big Smile

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 526
Location: New York

Someone post some beam shots.

lightdecay
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 06/17/2019 - 08:55
Posts: 134
Location: U.S.A.

I ordered one.

Cloud
Offline
Last seen: 47 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 16:24
Posts: 116

Jack said E01 with Osram becomes blue light when on Turbo. Can someone explain what this means? Would it be dark or light blue, will it still illuminate objects just as well in blue? and why blue? anyone has a shot of what it would look like?

Th558
Th558's picture
Offline
Last seen: 38 min 15 sec ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 16:19
Posts: 451
Location: United Kingdom

Cloud wrote:
Jack said E01 with Osram becomes blue light when on Turbo. Can someone explain what this means? Would it be dark or light blue, will it still illuminate objects just as well in blue? and why blue? anyone has a shot of what it would look like?

The Osram CSLPM1.TG has a very low vf so maybe it’s being overdriven. Someone needs to test the amperage to see if this is the case. Do you know what cell he was using?
Cloud
Offline
Last seen: 47 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 16:24
Posts: 116
Th558 wrote:
Cloud wrote:
Jack said E01 with Osram becomes blue light when on Turbo. Can someone explain what this means? Would it be dark or light blue, will it still illuminate objects just as well in blue? and why blue? anyone has a shot of what it would look like?
The Osram CSLPM1.TG has a very low vf so maybe it’s being overdriven. Someone needs to test the amperage to see if this is the case. Do you know what cell he was using?

Not sure about the cell, it sounded like it doesn’t matter. He is the seller, so he warned me it will be blue in turbo b fore I pulled the trigger

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293

Acebeam EC35 Gen II with Samsung LH351D on the left probably about 5000k. E01 with Osram PM1 W2 on the right. White balance was set to 4900K. Sorry for the poor photo quality/side by side comparison. Looks very blue to me maybe even purple. Tested 1170 lumens at startup in turbo with a Molicel P42A 21700 and a TA Lumen Tube. I tested it with a Tesla 21700 5000mAh 10A battery and it looks the same. I only used the Molicel to get a lumen reading.

Cloud
Offline
Last seen: 47 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 16:24
Posts: 116

Thanks Mark so it’s just the turbo in this color or at lower lumens also?

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293

Only in turbo does it look blue/purple. It looks 6500K cool white on high mode. Lots of rings in the beam, I count at least 5.

Cloud
Offline
Last seen: 47 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 16:24
Posts: 116

Thanks you Mark!. It appears you are not a big fan of the light. How is the throw? Probably not that far either? Thanks

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293

I actually do like the light, but if you hate rings in the beam then you will hate this light. I do not run it in turbo but the throw is very good more than 100,000 cd for sure.

Cloud
Offline
Last seen: 47 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 16:24
Posts: 116

Got you. Thanks!!!

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 3162
Location: US

My E01 looks completely deep blue whereas yours is more like very CW. Mine does that on turbo even with the 5A NCR18650B. I didn’t measure the output on the blue mode though but at top of ramp, it measures 380 lumens. The beam is also very ringy but it’s not noticeable for outdoor use. I just wish it can hit 1,100 lumens and remain white beam. Would have been a very practical pocket thrower.

Mark M wrote:

Acebeam EC35 Gen II with Samsung LH351D on the left probably about 5000k. E01 with Osram PM1 W2 on the right. White balance was set to 4900K. Sorry for the poor photo quality/side by side comparison. Looks very blue to me maybe even purple. Tested 1170 lumens at startup in turbo with a Molicel P42A 21700 and a TA Lumen Tube. I tested it with a Tesla 21700 5000mAh 10A battery and it looks the same. I only used the Molicel to get a lumen reading.

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293

The picture doesn’t really do it justice for color temp. It looks blue/purple in real life far more so then the picture captures. If I had to guess 8,000-10,000K.

Cloud
Offline
Last seen: 47 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 16:24
Posts: 116

Mark M wrote:
The picture doesn’t really do it justice for color temp. It looks blue/purple in real life far more so then the picture captures. If I had to guess 8,000-10,000K.

Then I guess it can’t reach the claimed lumens at turbo being so violet/ purple?
Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293

Mine certainly never reached 1500 lumens. I think the most I ever measured was 1200 lumens, but maybe the color temp is throwing my cheap meter off.

Cloud
Offline
Last seen: 47 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 16:24
Posts: 116

I’ll say I will wait until they come up with something that doesn’t turn blue! Thanks!
I really should stop , my count is like a15 lights right now…

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 293
SKV89 wrote:
My E01 looks completely deep blue whereas yours is more like very CW. Mine does that on turbo even with the 5A NCR18650B. I didn’t measure the output on the blue mode though but at top of ramp, it measures 380 lumens. The beam is also very ringy but it’s not noticeable for outdoor use. I just wish it can hit 1,100 lumens and remain white beam. Would have been a very practical pocket thrower.

Top of ramp measured more than double that for me at 770 lumens.

Cloud wrote:
I’ll say I will wait until they come up with something that doesn’t turn blue! Thanks! I really should stop , my count is like a15 lights right now…

I do enjoy my SST40 version more, better tint. Stop while you can! I am currently at 95 flashlights.

Cloud
Offline
Last seen: 47 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 16:24
Posts: 116
Mark M wrote:
SKV89 wrote:
My E01 looks completely deep blue whereas yours is more like very CW. Mine does that on turbo even with the 5A NCR18650B. I didn’t measure the output on the blue mode though but at top of ramp, it measures 380 lumens. The beam is also very ringy but it’s not noticeable for outdoor use. I just wish it can hit 1,100 lumens and remain white beam. Would have been a very practical pocket thrower.

Top of ramp measured more than double that for me at 770 lumens.

Cloud wrote:
I’ll say I will wait until they come up with something that doesn’t turn blue! Thanks! I really should stop , my count is like a15 lights right now…

I do enjoy my SST40 version more, better tint.


Id spring for the SST40W version but I already have a E07 and I don’t think e01 will ssst40 will outperform it in any way
Majoroverkill
Majoroverkill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2017 - 17:13
Posts: 575
Location: Nevada

Just ordered with the SST40 in 5700K. NO MORE! This is my 14th flashlight I have ordered since Sept 16th. Maybe the E07 now lol. My wife hates this site, I just can not figure out why. Silly All you Awesome people STOP making more awesomeness flashlights. I love this hobby!

Doug S.

Cloud
Offline
Last seen: 47 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 16:24
Posts: 116

Majoroverkill wrote:
Just ordered with the SST40 in 5700K. NO MORE! This is my 14th flashlight I have ordered since Sept 16th. Maybe the E07 now lol. My wife hates this site, I just can not figure out why. Silly All you Awesome people STOP making more awesomeness flashlights. I love this hobby!

Congrats brother, we have a tie. I’ve counted 14 in my possession this morning ( not counting small bad quality pre-site crap) and not counting about 25 lanterns. Not counting the 10 or 15 I used to own and returned. . Actually I have 1 up on you as my 15th is coming in a couple of weeks. There is no way to prepare you for this or break it to you gently enough but there is no cure , once you have the bug you can’t stop!!!

By the way. Yes order the e07, it’s one of their best awesome lights. Just goes thru the battery fast is all but it’s true about 7000 lumens. On a fresh battery of course. Heats up a bit but cools down fast also. Maybe cancel the e01 and order the e07 instead

Majoroverkill
Majoroverkill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2017 - 17:13
Posts: 575
Location: Nevada

I’m holding on for Hanks new Noctigon K1 and then its the E07, of course the Acebeam TK16 and Tk18 in copper look really good. NO CURE! Can’t wait to tell my wife. It is what it is Facepalm Big Smile

Doug S.

lightdecay
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 06/17/2019 - 08:55
Posts: 134
Location: U.S.A.

Majoroverkill wrote:
I’m holding on for Hanks new Noctigon K1 and then its the E07, of course the Acebeam TK16 and Tk18 in copper look really good. NO CURE! Can’t wait to tell my wife. It is what it is Facepalm Big Smile
Better get the E07 soon, E07 full brass and copper/titanium is available now but probably won’t last long.

Pages