[06-Dec-2011] Long outage resolved

I think the hosting company is yanking your chain, having spread their resources too thin.

The offer to help migrate still stands.

Firefox is the only browser I'm really familiar with. As far as I know, any official build that has ever been released has shipped with pipelining turned off (ie. sending multiple requests instead of sending them sequentially). Chrome and FF do use prefetching though (loading content in the background that has not been explicitly requested by the user), but even that should only result in no more than one simultaneous connection.

I suppose Google Analytics or some other tracking service might provide some more insight into how many users are browsing the site at any given time. Some people, like me, prefer not to be tracked and attempt to block any such tracking scripts, pixels and cookies but I doubt it's a statistically significant number of people.

+4

I got the drupal page once. Every other time it just timed out. I tried non stop for 2- 3 hrs.

That was 24 hours ago, right?

I suspect we won't go down tonight, Thursday is statistically our lowest traffic day/night.

I got the redirect last night. I posted on your blog when it happened. It said something about 300 connections at the bottom then, I was able to access the site about an hour later.

Interesting also; I've always had a BLF button on the top menu bar of my browser and after getting that redirect last night, the logo changed to a little blue drop looking thing with eyes at the bottom - Drupal logo?

Foy

Yep that's the drupal logo. Shouldn't be that way though.

Could be CPF users settling for BLF in the meantime CPF is down.

Yeah it was last night. About 4pm today it started hanging and I thought not again. Went and did some things came back and its fine

I was unable to connect from around 2 AM to 5AM EST from a mobile device. No other data, sorry.

Not good. Sorry guys.

Chicago X, the connection simply was hanging? Or did you get any sort of error page? And could you give the date of the outage please? Thanks!

I got error 403 forbidden to access webpage or internet explorer could not connect to the web address. It attempts to connect to BLF for about 30 secs before I get one of those errors. Never got the 300 connections thing. Happens to me at around 11:30 am to about 3:30 pm UTC+9:30

I was unable to connect again today, just after 5:20am EST

I was just hanging. This is three days in a row.

The number of users was less than 100, split about half/half between members and guests.

Everything works better on this site when I use Firefox. In fact, the whole web works better when I use Firefox.

Firefox is Foyapproved.

Everything running ok guys? I’m away from my computer today so I can’t monitor it too closely.
Here’s hoping…

All is good from Las Vegas.

Foy

All fine.

No problems for quite a while now.

No issues here.