07/07/15 Finished Handmade CXA3590 - Lum5-90 light build - Beam shots are in Post #1

I think I just got a sunburn from looking at the beam-shots!Amazing work, OL. And remember, never say never! :stuck_out_tongue:

My Bridgelux salad bowl light does around 18,000 lumens at 200 watts in (direct drive). It also floods like a Texas lakeā€¦ and the ā€œreflectorā€ is about 15ā€ in diameter.

The Sphere oā€™ Many Mysteries can read over 600,000 lumens by shining the light through the wall of the styrofoam sphere instead of through the entrance port. The sphere is uncoated on the inside or outside.

Wow OL. How far on the lake shot? This gets me even more excited to put this behind my aspheric. My driver and amp/volt meter came in today. Dang that driver is big!

According to Google maps, it's about 95 yards to the first place across the pond and about 156 yards to the second spot at the end of the pond. Not all that far really.

OL, did you get some driver whine when you cranked it up? Mine defaulted at 38 something volts at like 3.85A. I just cranked up the voltage and between 40-41V I started getting some audible driver buzzing/whining. I stopped as the amperage kept going up with the voltage and it wouldnā€™t adjust down much. At 42V it was at 5.5A and sticking.

This is a shot that Justinā€™s neighbors contributedā€¦.

And notice the puddles of water after the firefighters left:

:bigsmile: :stuck_out_tongue: :beer: