15 minutes to a perfect Sipik SK-68 3 mode BEAMSHOTS ADDED

I just updated the driver link. I contacted Bryan and he supplied the link...not sure what happened to the previous link.

Wait a minute. That link is to a 17mm driver, and definitely not the same 15mm previously linked to.

-Garry

Agreed

DOH! I just emailed Bryan again, I'll check it closer this time...it's the link he sent to me!

False alarm. Bryan confirmed that the 15mm driver is currently sold out, he thought I meant the 17mm. He's not sure when he's getting the next batch...sorry. I'll see if I can find it at a Chinese site.

Any luck?

Sorry for the delay. I heard from Bryan again, he hasn't ordered the driver yet. He said that he tried to have the driver modified awhile ago to remove the low voltage warning in order to make the driver more usable, but it made the driver unstable. He is contacting the manufacturer to see if they can modify the driver properly. He also said don't expect a replacement anytime soon I haven't had any luck finding a similar replacement in 15mm, if anyone else has please post!

This is not the board you describe -- would NOT work for Li-ion -- but might work ok -- thoughts?

http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-176/3-dsh-Mode-Regulated-Circuit-Board/Detail

• Voltage input: 0.8V-1.7V

That might work, but it's 14mm and not 15mm...also you'd be limited to AA only, but that's not a problem for many. The 15mm driver was a perfect press fit, not sure how you'd secure the 14mm to the aluminum pill...I've never successfully soldered aluminum. That does look like a nice driver for small lights, thanks!