18650 5000mah vs 26850 5000mah battery

That speaks volumes about the sellers confidence in the quality of the cells and accuracy of the labeling.

check this one, he says it can jumpstart the car :slight_smile:
batteries

Yeah, but those are LiFePo cells.. whole other story. Those cells you got are pretty sure crap.

Here's what you can expect from your "5000 mah" 26650 batteries.

#new

I sincerely hope you don't plan on using these batteries in a multi cell flashlight.

I get my batteries from HD Canada. They test every single battery they sell. Each cell comes with a sticker with the date and tested capacity.

now thats the seller u want to buy from. just to reconfirm u get hobby charger to check capacity after full cycle.
Discharge > 3.7V then full charge to 4.2 volts. thats how u tell the capacity.

we’re all noob once we all made mistake of getting shit cells on ebay for cheap but u’ll learn….

a good 18650 retails for 30$ in australia so if u get it for 10 $ from overseas shipped to u its still a bargain!

just youtube some videos of exploding ebay cells :slight_smile:

you're at the right place ....you're just not paying attention .

i believe the leads doesnt make any difference what so ever. with those cheap multimeter already calibrated for the lead they are using. if u change the size of it makes it inaccurate.

Nope, they definitely can make a difference - long thin leads give more resistance to a circuit, discounting the resistance the meter adds, add resistance and current drops, hence low readings. Either get some thick wire and make some leads or buy decent quality leads, we are after all measuring pretty small amounts of current.

I wonder when the Chinese will “develope” some even higher capacity cells. Keep an eye out for the next batch, surely they’ll be in the 12,000 mah range.

And not just any LiFePO4 cell, those are A123 Systems proprietary nanophosphate cells. There are no other cells on the market that even come close to their current handling abilities. And since A123 just went bankrupt and is in liquidation, there may never be any more.

Actually Samsung’s LiFePO4 cells are just as good (at least 18650-sized ones) :stuck_out_tongue: