18650's at walmart

the only thing I’d buy those for is just to have something in a light while my main batteries are in the charger/getting topped off.

“Made in China” means they were “assembled” or wrapped in China, it does not necessarily mean the cells are form China. Westinghouse is a very well-known brand that has become known for re-branding Chinese products for the low-end consumer electronics market in USA.

Nah, “Assembled in China” means assembled in china. Unless it states otherwise there is no reason to believe these aren’t chinese cells.

“Westinghouse” is not a single company, nor a quality brand in my book. A long time ago maybe but that Westinghouse no longer exists. The brandname is just licensed out now. As such, many different companies sell products under the name. There is no single “Westinghouse” that re-brands chinese products. A quick google indicates that Camelion Battery, Ltd has licensed the name for use on batteries.

18650 light
maybe spares for this?

I saw 18500’s at Lowe’s the other day. On the solar light isle

I just picked up 18650 2000mah 4pack for $6 from walmart in Holland, Oh. they have bunch of them.

Do you have test equipment?
If so post results.i suspect these will get dumped end of season cheap.
Will be good to know how they stack up.decent cells for less than whateverfires?

“recargable” is spanish

they might be for some rechargeable tool like a drill

wle

I’ve tested a set of these with my hobby charger and some high drain lights. Running them down to 3 volts at a 1amp load they test just shy of 2000mah. I believe they are IMR cells because they keep up with my old AW 2000 mah cells fairly well at a 5 amp draw. For the price they are worth it for single or parallel cell lights, as long as you don’t need too much capacity.It would be nice to see someone with better test equipment to evaluate them.

We were in Radio Shack 2 weeks ago and I was surprised to see 18650 and 26650 batteries on the rack. I don’t remember if they had other sizes.

Hopefully if Walmart are stocking them and they are actually okay, then we may see them in ADSA stores in the UK seeing that they are part of their empire.

I have a bad feeling about this…
Soon they will start to appear in all kinds of stores, and most of them will be the cheap (unsafe) kinds. Couple that with the cheap/unsafe chargers they will also stock and we have a perfect storm of accidents in the pipeline.

it has started.3.7v 18500 on sale 4/$7 at the dayton oh york commons store.

Anyone know the amp rating of these batteries? I was given 8 of these as a gift and they seem to have a pretty high amp rating because they with well with my convoy s2+ xpg3 triple.

I don’t know if these are the same batteries, but here’s what I found.

the ones i posted are 3.7v
the 18500 are around 90mohm.so not high drain

These are the batteries

In the white shrinkwrap? Yeah, grossly overpriced, low-cap cells, but I needed an 18350 in a pinch, so…

Also grabbed a 28650 with whopping 2200mAH or whatever it was. Must’ve been a low-cap 18650 in a 28650 shell…

They were on sale (discontinued), so half-price or whatever, off the list price. And even then, they were overpriced.

I think what I saw was on a white cardboard backer blister pack. I didn’t even look at the price. It was Radio Shack so I just assumed it would be expensive junk. Probably what you found.

LMFAO…….