250 Post GAW in Memorium OLD-LUMENS

Will make a nice OL memorabilia.
Thanks for your gesture.

I’m abstaining from the GAW but great post and giveaway. Learned a lot from OL. Thanks from a fellow survivor.

I’m also NOT IN. But I don’t want to miss an opportunity to say a kind word about O-L. He was a creative man and a very generous man. I always admired his work, but could never afford one of his creations. Thanks for doing this giveaway. I hope one of the truly ‘long-time’ members gets it and thinks of O-L fondly every time they look at it. :slight_smile:

O-L was an inspiration to many of us here, and we learned quite a bit from his work & skills.

Not in, not a older member. But did want to say, his work was truly awe inspiring. I was around for a few months and one day to have someone replicate his xhp70 lum 90 reflector build. Or one of his maglights. His builds will always be a legend. He always was willing to help. And made things seem easy. I didn’t really know him but enjoyed his builds

I missed the 250 post requirement. I talk too much that’s why I keep my posts to a minimum.

i’m in. but you’re gonna have to put it together for me. I used to lurk here back in 2003-ish maybe earlier. it was before led streamlight stingers came out. I just finished the susan komen 5k walk in jersey city, nj with my wife and little one. I feel great so i’m not an old timer yet

I don’t feel I meet the criteria so I am not in, but I very much respect what you are doing with this giveaway and honoring Justin’s wishes. He was a very unique person….kind and generous cranky old guy that I enjoyed very much. :slight_smile: I’m very thankful that I got to know him and share some good conversation with him before he left us. His light will shine on for ages to come. Nicely done leroycp. :+1:

This is very generous of you. Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and those of OL. His love for the hobby was second to none, and I will miss his youtube vids and how-to workshop innovations. I’ll also miss his fun cranky attitude and the way he expressed himself. Please count me in. If somehow I win, Id like your creation sent to a member more worthy than the rest… member #1.

Thank you for your kind words and organizing this giveaway.

If I understand the rules correctly then if I win, I would choose the parts to make a handmade custom light out of brass/ copper and dedicate it to Old Lumens .

Cheers Leroycp for setting this away. Funny how this forum has such a “family” feel when compared to some others.

Unlike the extraordinarily capable CRX in the post above me, I am unable to differentiate my arse from my elbow when it comes to torches, so I’d have to have this built up for me….

I’m in.

Thank you very much.

Paul

G'Day Leroycp,

Thank you for the Beautiful words, motivation and action.

OL was indeed an exceptional human being and BLF member. I will never forget him.

Btw, I am not in.

Thank you Very Much,

George

This GAW is a labor of love. Hats off. Like many above, I acknowledge that I don't qualify.

Only a handful of members qualify. The most deserving in my my mind never seemed to ask for anything in return, but was the first and many times the only one to defend O-L when the heat was on. That member even traveled from a far away land to visit the man. Knowing a little bit of O-L's character, the others that quality would have an equal chance of winning.

Nice and warm words of LeroyCP. that is why this forum is so special.

Not In

I don’t see it that way; Although not one of the real early members, you were the one that started prodding around with the Attiny 85, amongst other things, which lead to the driver developments we have today.

Very generous giveaway !
I’m in, but if win I’d like to nominate that the prize goes to another member that isn’t in.

EDIT:

Withdrawing my attempted entry earlier in the thread. I sincerely apologize because I didn’t read the “stipulations” correctly. Please forgive any indiscretion. May the GAW go to a MUCH more deserving member.

count me in.

If I get it I will be gifting it to Rufusbduck (RBD) to work his magic thus giving some old man a perment wood stiffy (who wouldn’t like that).

to like he say put back out to the blf community as a GAW.

I like the youtube videos OL made. Everything looks so easy in his videos (practice is not) and often I watched each a few times (the 7135 backpack video more often) to reproduce a working result (OL result looks much better).

I like his ideas to built something in the easiest way and you don’t need many pieces of equipment.

I’m in.

I’m in, and miss OL being here.

please, it is an honor to be counted in for this give a way