[29-SEP-2013] Long downtime resolved, migration to new host soon

Keep up the good work SB, thanks for your time, efforts, and funds to keep BLF running.

Thanks for your great work and effort.
I hope this time we will get a good host.
I know it is very difficult to do migration, and each migration has its risks.

See if you’re blocking “trackers” - the search API is somehow considered as one.

Look for tracker “Google AJAX Search API”, that’s the one, probably blocked by default.

You were right about AJAX, Ghostery was blocking it and now the search box shows up.

Ghostery is also blocking adsense for this site, should I unblock that to make sure that this site is being counted as visited, or whatever adsense does?

There’s a search window on here? Where? I either don’t have it either or am totally missing something.

And that tip up above is waaaay over my head! Haven’t a clue where to look for something like that being blocked, or blocking, or whatever.

Never mind, it’s right on top of the Main Menu column, have no idea how I couldn’t been missing that all this time, with it’s blue button and white magnifying glass. Duh!

Not sure how adsense works, but I enabled it anyway just in case. Hope it does help out the site count/rating. :slight_smile:

You can whitelist this site in Ghostery, instead of enabling the “trackers”.

I haven’t been getting notifications for thread subscriptions since the migration. Is this happening for anyone else? I checked my account settings and nothing is unchecked.

Check you spam folder. That is where mine ended up.

Checked, not there. Last msg I recieved was Oct 1.

I have been getting notifications fine ever since the new host was up.

Hmm the email service you are registered with is known to work well with our notifications, although initially you might have to fish through your spam folder. Are you sure there have been updated to the threads that you are subscribed to? And if so, have you re-visited those threads since? You won’t get another notification for a thread unless you first return to visit it.

The notifications worked fine before, but stopped on Oct 1. They’re not in spam folder, the last email from budgetlightforum was Oct 1.

Posts seem to be taking a rather long time to submit (10-20 seconds).