2D MT-G2 Maglite video mod

You don't need an expensive meter. You mostly just need proper wires (in combination with a cheapo meter that works).

Well, since mine did read correctly and now it doesn’t, I think it’s probably the meter. It read the right amps on about a dozen lights and then it went bad. Same wires, no difference in the method.

<———this guy is jealous!

Awesome as usual Mr. OL!

Can I ask, what was the method/ materials etc for getting the focus where you wanted? You mentioned in the vid, being able to find the right height, and then use a spacer to set the height. Where would the spacer go and how could/ did you measure(keeping in place etc), then set the height?? What am I missing?

Anyway, very nice work (as always!) and congrats RaceR86 on acquiring a fine peice of craftsmanship!

Thanks

It's the same idea as a regular centering ring. It centers and then spaces the reflector. Unfortunately with a Mag LED reflector, it's so big at the small end, it really needs a 25mm or 30mm star, so that a spacer can be made. I can't do it right with a 20mm star, because of the wires and the fact that the reflector hits them. I wish someone would make 25-30-35mm copper stars for the MT-G2. Usually I do spacers with a plastic washer, or cut one out of plastic and sand/file to shape.