303 Lumen per watt in 2014?

You do realize that our “most primitive system with three badly overlapping receptors” can see more variations of light and color than any single human-made device has ever been able to produce, right? And AFAIK, no human-made camera or imaging device has yet been able to match our eyes’ natural dynamic range either. Nor has there been a lens (that I know of) that can match the abilities of the lenses in our eyes. After all these years, it would seem that our eyes are still the better technology. :wink:

Human vision system is a marvel of bio-technology, among numerous marvels of bio technology, which is basically nano technology on the smallest scale possible, making insanely complex systems we call organisms, which make up part of an eco system.
Human inventions are child’s play compared to living nature.
(how off topic can we get…? :slight_smile: )

But i think the human visual system perceives yellow as brightest, BUT none the less the receptors in the retina are most sensitive to green.

This is not just the case with yellow.
Cyan and magenta / lila / purple (whatever you want to call it) are also combined colours on a monitor, and they’re brighter than red and blue, but less bright than yellow. However, purple / lila is less bright than green, but cyan is brighter than green.
And not only on a RGB monitor.
So what’s exactly going on?
I’m not sure, but i guess it has to do with our biological graphics card.