3D Magmule with triple Nichia 219s

I love this concept but I am thinking about a triple xml setup

We went on a night hike last night and bigC brought this light. The good: lots of light on high with beautiful color rendition everywhere. The bad: due to the high Vf of the LEDs bigC is only getting about 1.5 hours of run time on high due to the voltage of the cells dropping below the Vf of the LEDs and the light going into direct drive. This same build with XM-Ls, because of the lower VF, would go considerably longer before the output drops. The solution? Use a 4D or sleeve the 3D for 4Cs.

Nice build, and nice machining work :smiley:

Will

Thanks, Will, coming from you that really means something.

Very well done! It reminds me of something I tried ~ year ago using the triple / carclo lens set-up...

I took the cheesy approach to the head though and just milled down the stocker... Lens retention was via a pressed in brass ring. Since I'm still pretending to know what I'm doing with a lathe I avoid having to cut threads at all costs Wink

I have been cutting threads for at least 5 years, and I “still” try as much as I can to avoid cutting threads as much as I can :wink:

Will

Hi, is this parallel or in line connection of LEDs?

Its parallel.

Would you be able to produce a head just like the one shown here? If so, for how much? I’m looking for something to retain a 35mm optic mounted to a heatsink - seems like this would be the perfect approach. FYI it would be for PilotPTK’s module - As requested, 3 XM-L Driver/Emitter module DIY.

PM inbound…

It may be smart to just start a sales thread PCC, I would like one to and I'm sure others will. :D Especially if it could come prepped with a heatsink so all you have to do is solder the wires on.

Thinking about this…