4Sevens old logo stock back at Going Gear -50% off

My finger is twitching to order one as well. I’ve been shopping the Trustfire TR-J10 which uses 2x26650 to drive an SST-90 (best price I’ve found is around $100 with batteries and charger), but for $68 (after coupon), the Maelstrom is hard to resist. Does anyone know how they compare to each other? I am looking for a wall of light, I’m not that concerned about throw, so that’s why I’m thinking the Maestro may be a better choice.

I’m really looking forward to this light. I like the compact size.

I courious, can you run the Quark AA² Turbo on two 14500s? I can’t find anything in the 4seven website to say yes or no to using 14500 like some other manufacturers will specify.

I’m seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on it and thinking of what to do to get it just above $49 to get free shipping.

Thanks!

No!!! Never!!!

The quark heads are either buck or boost, so you’d want the 123 heads with 2AA body to run 14500’s. You can get a 123 and a 2AA light in your order to get free shipping.

I don’t think you can fit a 123 head on an AA body.

Thanks, ouchy. I figured as much, just can’t find it in their literature.

That’s odd since the 18650 body fits on both. I’m pretty sure 4seven also advertises cross-compatibility for body and tail across the entire quark line.

You are correct, I have exchanged 123 and AA heads.

Quark has A series bodies and L series bodies.

The two seem to be thread compatible.

I did it. Ordered a Quark AA2 Turbo and a Fenix E01. $46.30 to my door is a pretty good deal…and I wanted another small AAA factor light for backpacking.

You got a good deal. I’m sure you’ll be happy with your purchase.

Man why turbo and nor quark X ? :frowning:

Longer run times and the turbo head throwing better. I checked out the beam shots and I don’t think you can go wrong with either.

The 4Sevens Quark AA-2 X doesn’t seem to be much of an improvement over my Klarus ST20, other than that 5 minute turbo mode.

http://archive.light-reviews.com/4sevens_quark_x_aa_2/
http://archive.light-reviews.com/klarus_st20/

Still that prism adapter and diffuser seems enticing enough to tempt me into buying it for use as a multi use light. Not sure if I should get it :~

Well, the two Quarks AAs that I ordered on Tuesday night arrived today. Pretty quick. It was my first time ordering from Going Gear and besides the quick service, the packing slip had a handwritten “Thank you” from Casey. Nice touch. The only other place that has done that that I recall is Simon from Survival-Pax. So, Casey, if you ever read this, the pleasure was all mine.

These were also the first 4sevens lights I’ve handled and I have to say they are quite impressive. Ever since my first Shiningbeam purchase, which made a strong impression on me, I thought my days of buying non budget lights was over. You can never say “never”, but I doubt that I would have purchased theses lights without Woody alerting me (us) to the clearance price. I generally start to consider lights too expensive after about $30 or so. But at roughly $32.50 delivered, I’d say you’d have to consider these lights to be better than average in terms of value. Heck, even that 4sevens box was awesome.

I am even considering getting two more to use as future gifts.

Thanks again Woody.

cool thanks for the report, Cone.

My Maelstrom S12 is on it’s way to me.

Woody, I hate you! Well, I don’t hate you, but my bank account does! :nerd_face:

WOW! My Quark AA2 X and Quark XP-G Turbo arrived today... Just spent the last 30min playing with them. I'll post up some numbers and a quick overview in the morning (need sleep), but all I have to say is if you're considering them, just buy them now. At regular price I'd say think about it, but at this closeout price it's a no brainer.