5 duds and counting....

Funny, I had an old girlfriend like that. Something always bad used to happen everytime I went out with her. She actually warned me about it, but I blew it off as nonsense. One night after a concert at a bar, driving back we stopped at my house for an hour, then I drove her home. Decided to crash on her couch instead of driving the half hour home. I got home later the next morning to find my house had burned, and nobody knew how to get a hold of me. (no cell phones then) Turned out to be an electrical fire from an old TV set. I lost everything, and I never talked to her again.

Well sedstar, I actually chose wisely by hot glueing the box before switching on, saw the box slightly expanding and venting when the triac blew up. Sometimes I'm too cheap, instead of changing the whole connector I just used some electrical tape and… BANG! LoL.

But just paid €1.18 for another identical speed controller, if not for the slow boat wait no big deal.

Cheers ^:)

I don’t mean “bad luck”, but a kind of “dampening field” that just kills mechanical/electronic doodads.

When I was a kid, the streetlights would often just go out when I’d come near. Not repeatably, but often enough for me to notice. And not go out down the block from me, but when I’d get within 20’–30’ or so, and only when walking solo. Creepy.

But yeah, I know someone who to this day will kill any watch within a month or two. Not banging it around, not taking it into the shower and soaking it, just… nothing. It’ll just stop working. Cellphones, too, ’though it’ll take a bit longer.

In your case, though, how do you know she didn’t actually save your life? :smiley:

Wow, these stories sound like something out of a sci-fi novel.

Anyhoo, an update to all this craziness: I sent in my EA41 to Nitecore and after a few weeks, they said that the problem was that some “accessories” came loose, though it has never been dropped or banged. They very graciously replaced my older version with the brighter 2015 version free of charge. Not sure what to make of all the dying flashlights around me, but this is definitely a plus to their customer service. They said my light had been shipped, but I had no idea it was a brand new one. I never even requested it. I just thought they took the old one apart and fixed it. Pretty awesome on their part.

Wow, these stories sound like something out of a sci-fi novel.

yeah, thats nice… oh, and hey, did i mention youre not allowed to “touch” any light i own thats worth more than 5 bucks to replace it? LMAO… nothing personal and all…

What you’re describing sounds normal. The star is not supposed to be glued down. It’s the pressure from the reflector pushing down on the star that you get a good thermal connection.

Get yourself a couple of these, No more problems.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?431905-British-Royal-Navy-Diving-Lights

John.