<5dollar-mini-zoom-USB-rechargable-flashlight

No, just clicking forward: off-high-low-strobe-off-high-low-strobe-off-high etc.

The next iteration: dedomed ‘Mitko’ XP-E2 R3 0D on a Noctigon, glued in with AA-Adhesive (because I can…)

Surprisingly, the output in flood has not increased, still 130lm. But for the rest:
-infinitely better tint (0D’s dedome pretty nice)
-infinitely better beam (took care of most beam artifacts, and the XP-E2 die just looks better)
-better throw (I measure 24kcd, which is about half of the max that you can get with this size lens)

Slowly this is becoming pretty decent :slight_smile:

…and the results are in:

310 mAh, not great, as expected, but not really bad either, HKJ has tested lower capacity 16340 cells.

How many amps is it pulling on hi and low ?

I can’t tell without unsoldering wires, next time I have it apart I will measure current.
I can have a guess of course for a ballpark number: 130 OTF lm in a zoomie may be 180 ledlumen, roughly times three gives current, so 550 mA ?

Low gives 25% the output of high, so maybe 130 mA ?

As requested, the current measured over the ledwire:

Next little step:
I beefed up and shortened some wires here and there and it did not help the output much.

But what are those 1.2 Ohm resistors doing in the led- path?, that is not very BLF!

Ah, that is better, how’s the current now?

That helped, just doubled the current, 1.4 A is quite right for a XP-E2 on a Noctigon, with average heat path.
I guess I will have new output and throw numbers, re-charging the little light now….

I’m having a lot of fun with this light sofar! Budget lights rule once again!

That’s the BLF spirit, djozz! :+1:

And I’m sure if you seriously go into minimising all resistances, and solder in an Efest IMR battery, you get 2+ amps to the XP-E2 and more to lower voltage leds.

So this is called a “WOOZ” as read from the picture?

Thanks for these tests Jos

Dang so short of a time I am sucked in, amazing how far it has come.

New numbers.

<5dollar-mini-zoom-USB-rechargable-flashlight, dedomed XP-E2 R3 0D on 16mm Noctigon, focusshift from thicker Noctigon repaired with extra o-ring between the two pill-parts, Keeppower protected li-ion, some wires shortened, some a tiny bit thicker, current limiting resistors bypassed:

Output in flood at 30 seconds with fully charged battery: 190 lumen

Throw at 30 seconds with fully charged battery: 38 kcd.

The throw is pretty close to the maximum that I have got for this lens (43 kcd in an Ultrafire AT-007, same type lens).

djozz, do you have a picture of the board after you removed the resistors?

I did not remove the resistors, I solder-blobbed them into redundancy, see post #27.