85W HID Flashlight

On the warning label it says, “don’t charge longer than 24 hours” & “don’t charge higher than 12.8 volt at 4 amps”. My original charger is at my dad’s and I’m using 12v @ 1.5 amp charger. Also it’s been a long time since I charged, is there a full indicator?

I was looking in HID lights (expensive buggars), found this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/85W-HID-Xenon-8700mAh-8500LM-SOS-Torch-Flashlight-Spotlight-for-Outdoor-Hunting-/181264027366?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2a342d8ee6

I feel like, at this price, the battery would explode on the first charge considering it is $50-75 cheaper than any other 85W HID on ebay that I found.

Anyone familiar with HID lights see anything fishy about this listing, other than the price?

$40 plus $40 shipping, so its $80 light. Looks like only one sold so far, and it was today.

Next lowest price is $136.

Ali prices around $120.

DX is about $150.

“too good to be true” ?

Then if they do 8% for BLF coupon: $124.20

You might want to do a FF4:

There is a coupon on this, like 15%

Just saw their christmas deal; BGFMC gets it down a bit more 15% ($115 roughly iirc).

I think I would tend to trust a chinese company 35 dollars worth over an ebay seller located in china.

Guess it comes down to shipping and my willingness to drop 100+ on a flashlight. :slight_smile:

Just doing some research and I found this Ebay HID for 48.50! Maybe, Just Maybe Not a Scam. SCAM
The ebay seller sold a LOT of beads…. hmmm….HMMMMM. Idk, I still might take a gamble on the ebay HID @ 85W.

Why even buy a HID?

Fun. :slight_smile:

It could possibly be the only reason yes :smiley: you wait it to heat up, flash your beam for 20 minutes and turn it off, cuz batteries are empty :slight_smile:

Everything I’ve read said they have great battery life for their output. ~90min at 4k+ lumens seems to be the general experience.

What HID light do you have?

At least for my HID flashlight it doesn’t just last for 20min. I’ve never tested it runtime though but I think its runtime is at least well passing 40min on high (85W).

No one has actually tested their 85w hid for runtime, because after a minute of use the forest is on fire around you; so you can turn off your HID and use the warm fire illumination to guide you to your destination, and the hot coals guide you back. :slight_smile:

I’m very seriously considering grabbing one; the only negative I’ve gathered is the size, but I lift so… /flex no big deal. :stuck_out_tongue:

That ebay seller looks like they’re cashing out their rep considering 95% of their sales were like $.50 bead transactions; now all of a sudden they have $120 flashlights listed at 80.

I have one and tell you what it is about 100~200g lighter than the BTU Shocker lol. I only dislike it being too long. Anyway it has been sitting in my shelf for many months and I’ve never messed around with it anymore. :bigsmile:

Considering there are so many sellers in Ebay/Aliexpress selling this form factor of 85W HID flashlight, I really see no point of ordering from such a dubious seller. Here is the one I used to order from. They ship quite fast and nowadays they have this updated version, that the battery pack can be used as a power bank, LED light with reflector and battery level indicator, which makes me feel shame on my “older” version lol.

But before you order remember to confirm with them if they are still able to ship it to you due to the lithium battery pack inside.

Thanks, bookmarked.

Yeah, I have a feeling it would end up with low use. 10-20 times per deer season… maybe bring it along on fishing trips in a water proof bag. Probably bring it out at various intervals during the year just to gaze at it’s ridiculous output.

hi
I bought a lens
which he says
45W 65W 85W
what does he mean
you think it’s fictional
the lamp knows how many watts it is