a new EDC light of 2017- JAXMAN E2L

I think I read the beam distance is only 50M. That’s with clear TIR Optics. I’d say at pitch black darkness I’ve gotten farther then that. @ 900 lumens in complete darkness it lights up pretty good. Floody of course.

50m @900lm is quite short indeed, frosted Nichia would be way less, I said “20m” just like that but it seems probable, very nice specific for interior use (cavern, urbex and so) , but less versatile… I may re-consider my wish to a regular clear Nichia :weary:

Looking at those charts for relative emission differences :
Carclo 10508 : Optic 10508 Led Nichia NVSW 219C White | Carclo Optics
10507 : Optic 10507 Led Nichia NVSW 219C White | Carclo Optics

They use 219*C* or B ?

The Aliexpress website for Jaxman says 219B and C but I am not certain of this.

I am using the CW XP-G2 variant. The Nichia variants are a bit on the warmer side.

Ok, Joson Bo replied me that he will use Nichia 219 C 5700K :wink:

He told me that he encounters somme issues, very slow down visiting BLF pages , that’s why we read him far less than expected :confused:

Good deal. I like the 5700k tint.

5700K Nichia 219C version is online at Ali whith standard optic (and in Black) alongside 4000K one :wink:

Nice! I think you’ll love the E2L. It’s a wonderful EDC. I didn’t buy just one of them. Two is a good number!

I have 4 (one still in host form) :innocent:

Nice! They are cheap enough to buy several, and the quality is outstanding!

Agreed, the JAXMAN E2L is one of my favorite flashlights. I bought the gray host, added a triple Nichia LED, a FET+7135 driver, and a lighted switch. I use it all the time, including on my jogs since it’s so lightweight, easy to carry, and provides a great beam profile. It’s certainly an EDC with the Convoy deep pocket clip and great at dispersing heat with its integrated shelf. It looks pretty cool too:

Nice! I like the lighted tail switch! How did you do that? I’d keep my light stock but I’d change to a lighted switch like yours.

Oh Nice! I just placed an order to Richard @ mtnelectronics for the clips. I didn’t know what would fit for that light until now!

i bought a flashlight from China but it’s bad quality

Buy one of the E2L’s and get a good battery. E2L = Awesome.

I totally see what flashlight you’re talking about… wait, actually no I don’t :person_facepalming:
Could you be less specific please ?

Thanks. Please see here for how I added the lighted switch: D.I.Y. Illuminated tailcap.

Since yours is stock, I’m not sure if you would need to do the same thing. But a lighted switch is pretty cheap if you want to give it a shot: Astrolux SC/SS BLF X5/X6 Flashlight 2LED Lighting Switch For DIY.

Everything is cheap when you are modding, but unfortunately everything adds up too. Take my next build:

E2L host+shipping $19.50
triple XP Noctigon $3
3x Luxeon V+shipping $13,50
BLF-A6 driver $4.50
Optic $3
Oshpark tail-ring $0.60
6 tailleds and 3 resistors: $0.50
Decent battery: $4.50
Short 18350 tube: $3.50

This is a 52.60 dollar flashlight!

It’s all a matter of perspective really. To me at 52.60, it technically is only $20.00 more vs a stock light and battery. So the value is still pretty outstanding. I’d still consider it cheap.

Jaxman said me that they will not use 219B anymore, only 219C 4000K or 5700K now.

What are the resistors for? Is it to reduce the higher current to the tail switch LEDs?