Acebeam EC60 review with measurements (XHP35 HI, 26650)

Hi maukka, thank you for your input too. Will definitely purchase the EC50 Gen II ASAP. Cheers! :+1:

I wanted an XHP-35 HI light real bad and decided to jump on this one since its size and near-ideal regulation, plus throw, got me hooked. It should arrive tomorrow.

Thanks for the breakdown.

Just got this light and love it. Flawless hotspot and beam profile. Fast charging! Can’t wait to play tonight!

Looks like one purchase for the EC50 and another for the EC60.

When you’re through playing with your new toys, please give us a mini one-paragraph review/initial impression on these lights!

Just swapped the stock 6500 K cool white emitter with a much better suited version of the XHP35 HI. It’s the 0D0HC445E, 4500 K, CRI80+ middle flux bin. Probably lost about 20 % of output but at least now the light is usable with longer distances. Amazing difference in color rendering when the foliage doesn’t wash out and tint is perfectly neutral with just a hint of rosyness. The XP-L HI and XHP35 HI are my absolute favorite Cree emitters by far (after the MT-G2 of course…).

Tint:

CRI before CW (Turbo):

CRI after NW (Turbo):

Some might consider it heresy, destroying throw on a thrower but bear with me. Applying d-c-fix (3460211 Sand) to the EC60 with a swapped 4500 K CRI80 XHP35 HI seems to make for the most beautifully tinted and smooth beam I’ve seen. Since the non domed HI emitters have very little tint shift to begin with, they feel the most natural choice for this sort of experiment. Think about Zebralight H600Fd quality beam with a bit more output.

Compared to the very nice stock Nitecore EC4SW with MT-G2, I believe the EC60 with d-c-fix takes the cake. The beam fades perfectly without any noticeable artifacts and no visible shift in tint. While the spill in the EC4SW turns a bit greener, the EC60 on the other hand is a tiny bit more rosier although cooler.

Color temperature dropped a hair compared to the non d-c-fixed version, but overall CRI is the same.

This is what I wished the the Zebralight SC600Fd III Plus would have been.

Excellent review maukka! One of the best reviews what I saw in last time, thank you for all detailed info.

I told to another forum that flashlight can not reach the max output claimed by manufacturer, unfortunately I don’t have the proper instruments to measure, but only with the eyes I see that not so bright (very small difference) like Acebeam K60 in level 4 (1700lm after specs, 1900 after reviews ) and my simple estimation was around 1500-1700 lumens.

In my opinion I would put one more minus regarding thermal regulation, the flashlight became too hot (real hot ! ) to be hold in hand on max mode, I didnt notice any step down in order to prevent overheating, or to be able to hold in hand.

PS: I use a high drain unprotected cell, the factory cell is a crap.