Acebeam K60 XHP70 5000lm mega thrower 124100cd 704m

I have both the K40 and the K40M. For both lights, when I remove the batteries for charging I usually check the voltages first.
(I do this for all my lights that run more than one cell).

So far, the voltages have always been within 0.1 - 0.2v of each other.

Btw, I don’t like the idea of in-light charging and always use a separate charger. I believe that if the batteries were not charged equally (in-light charging), one is less likely to notice it because the temptation to use the flashlight immediately without checking the individual battery voltage first is greater. That’s something that I always do as well.
Just my 2 cents worth…

i wonder-if this year will be some good flashlites with xhp70 on the market….i really doubt…

I think the lack of desent mcpcbs/sinkpads cause the problems. 70 has a whole new footprint.

I thought XHP-70 has the same footprint as MK-R?

The USB charging system that they have has to be pretty simple, it would just be an h-bridge for every cell, I’ve spent some time thinking about it since before they anounced their version. My guess is that they are using questionable parts, or need a better board design with equal resistance between the cells when switching polarity.

I would be interested in buying this flashlight if the price is good and only after Acebeam has resolved the cell recharge/discharge voltage imbalance problems mentioned by FlashPilot on post #1.

yes they do:

totally forgot mkrs

Specs updated
Products specifications
LED Cree XHP70 LED with a lifespan of 10+years of run time
Luminance 5000LM
Beam Throw 124100cd Throw 700M
Waterproof IPX-8 2M

Available:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aceebam-K60-CREE-XHP70-5000LM-Throw-700M-/111660122732?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ff76426c

229$

hmm… probably cheaper for me if I just open up my K40M and replace the MT-G2 LED with XH-P 70 on Sinkpad II from LEDDNA, I wonder if they use the same driver as it looks like it’s the same body as K40M

4*18650 batteries, it is not like K40.

Same body! you sure?

I kind of like the design, any reviews up yet? Beam shots? Tempted…

I was hoping for around $160-170. I’m sort of torn between this and the Meteor. I doubt you’d be able to tell the difference between 6300lms and 5000lmns, but the extra throw on the K60 would be very noticeable.

that is true, but with the meteor, the main pro about it is the size!

I know, I know. But the meteor isn’t easily fitting in my pants pocket, so both the Meteor and the K60 would be ‘grab and go’ lights for me. I don’t like plunger type lights, so the list of factory lights that make 5000+lmns in an unoffensive tint is pretty short.

Looks like 60 has deeper reflector than k40M…I wouldn’t be surprise if they used the same driver…

I doubt about the throw distance.

K50 has 90.2mm head, with an overdriven XM-L2 it can throw about 800m.
K60 on the other hand comes with 88mm head (is the reflector smaller as well?), with XHP-70 and OP reflector it can still throw 700m?

Very good point. I hope review units get out at some point so we can verify. When Acebeam first published data, they had a crazy runtime (like 5 hours) for the High mode. They since retracted that information. I hope they don’t have to retract any of the power data.