Added Charging Circuit(for modding lights with charging) OP Updated ME4057

Not sure you found out the truth, but it's not really 5mA. Wait 10 secs, you will see... It's been tweaked, optimized. Lowest standby current is achieved with disabling brownout.

I repeatedly measure low uA standby on many Narsil builds. What's doing 5 mA is full operation of the MCU, no sleep, no powering down devices, etc.

Great Job on this mod!! Looked quick but have to follow-up in detail because I have an A2 as well I'd love to fully mod, though I got literally piles of mods to do...

Sorry - been wayy behind on pm's...

Ahh yes. I forgot to update this thread with that info. I believe it was the attiny firmware thread that i reported it dropping after 10sec. That threw me off as I wouldn’t have needed to convert the driver to a two channel driver :person_facepalming: it turned out nice anyway, as I have the indicator leds utilized now. :slight_smile:

That really is a nice mod you’ve got there. And I do think the ability to add a good, reliable, and safe charging circuit to our lights is a worthy goal. I hope it becomes a reality soon!

- Bumping an old thread -

Nice work here :beer:

I’m on a crusade to fix my POS S42, & want to retain the charging functionality. Currently searching around for ideas.

Cool stuff :+1:

Depending on the room you have in the s42, it seems the easiest way so far is to piggyback a new driver onto the existing driverboard. Then use the origional charging circuit for charging and your choice of BLF driver for opporation. Narsil hasn’t been giving me any problems this way.

I have designed a compact version of the charging pcb in the op using the me4057. And I have all,the parts to build 10 circuits but I haven’t got around to ordering boards from oshpark yet.

I just read This article and immediately thought of this thread.

I've been silently following along with interest and have thought a couple times about suggesting the use of the new USB type C stuff.

Anyway, it would be cool to be able to get a 75% charge in 15-30 minutes...

Re-reading this, NarsilM v1.3 now supports running FET+1 mode on a triple channel board with no board modding, just a compile #define.

This is still a very nice mod!