After Convoy C8, which little flashlight 18650 ?

Hi,
Simon don’t help me.
He just say : U2 – 1A / 7135×8

Now, I just must choice S2 or S2+ or S3 or XPL-Hi flashlight or other …
And I can’t decide me :smiley:

Jaxman M8 thrower version 18650 with XPLHI with pill Sold at Jaxman AliExpress store for aboht $20, and looks like a smaller C8 about 1/3 the size of the C8 and has great throw, easy light to mod, and high quality craftsmaship, great ano… This would be your last mention as a light as “Other” but it’s a great one and quality is as good as Simons lights for the most part

+1 product that overlooked but fantastic and worth serious look been told they use same machine shop and ano

Thanks, I look at Jaxman after this question :

In this 2 models, which is best brightness (XPL-Hi vs XML-2) ?

S2+ / XPL-Hi / V2 1A / 7135x8 / $19,83
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Clear-S2-flashlight-with-XPL-HI-led-inside-and-ar-coated-glass/330416_32810301658.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.gximOC

or

S2+ / XML-2 / U2 1A / 7135x8 / $15,80
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-Shipping-Convoy-S2-Gray-Cree-XML2-U2-1A-AMC7135-3-2-Group-3-5-Mode/330416_1614328969.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.XBMZoH

I have several S2+’s, and while they are great lights, the “low blink” UI drives me nuts. I prefer the Jaxman E2L High-CRI or BFL A6 / Astrolux S1 for tube lights. (The Jaxman E2 High-CRI is good also if you order it direct and request the “no strobe/SOS” UI.)

When the S2+ comes with the Biscotti UI it’ll be back at the top with those.

Eagle eye x6 is a must have

Ha Ha Ha Ha, OH WOW, Ya I guess I hate that UI just about as bad but since that first 1 I bought and realized just how bad I hated that UI I have now bought maybe 50 more of the S2+ BUT as hosts and I can assure I love the UI in each one of them or it wouldn’t be there, you are so darn funny, most the time and this one was FUNNY… ha ha, Also been curious myself about those Zanflare lights so will be checking them out for sure now that I’m positive you know a bad UI when you see one,
Edit: By the way someone told me that for a buck or two Simon will put in their new driver with TK’s biscotti

Yeah, but most of mine were bought (complete and hosts-only) from FT a loooong time ago.

104Cs won’t fit (position of the 7135s on the spring-side of the driver), but the 104Ds will. Problem is, the 104Cs have the 4 stars you can bridge to get the mode-group you want, whereas the 104Ds have the selection via blink-on-low.

Convoy drivers seem to be pretty much 104Ds only with minor cosmetic differences.

You can fit a 104C in there, but only if you do some bad-touching to the retaining ring.

Yeah, I had meant to get back and change that thought, I turned around and looked into one of mine and they are various drivers from MT. Elec. Looked at the 104c and yeah of course, must have been thinking the C8’s that Simon will do the change outs. I’m not a big fan of the Convoy drivers in general, do like the huh…. FX30…?? In the L6, brain slip LD29 that’s stock L2 I think, … Oh well better stop while I’m behind, Screeeetcccchhhh… ha haha That gave me my laugh for the day though, couldn’t agree any better than that, I to just hate that worthless UI especially for such a great light overall … Later

Anyone can respond to this question ?
Thank you :wink:

Brightness is about the same, the xpl-hi has no dome, so will result in a more focused (tight) beam, whereas the xml will be more floody.

Thank you Yokiamy for reply.
In this case, I’ll buy S2+

S2+ / XML-2 / U2 1A / 7135x8 / $15,80
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-Shipping-Convoy-S2-Gray-Cree-XML2-U2-1A-AMC7135-3-2-Group-3-5-Mode/330416_1614328969.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.XBMZoH

I think this it’s the better option littlelest/brightness…
After read many discussions and see many Youtube videos, I don’t think the Jaxman E2L is very better brightness than S2+ (and for $10 more !).

The price of the jaxman E2L is also higher due to the triple LED and TIR optics, which together quickly costs 10$

The Jax E2L stock is just over 900lm but will handle heat from a triple way better than the S2+, but here’s the good part there is threads like this where someone asks right out in the open for advise on a “Next Light to Buy” ha ha and that’s like opening the Pandora’s Box around here, 10’s of thousands of members and everyone no doubt has an opinion on lights, favorites etc. so you will instantly get a overdose of info real quick like.
So it’s really cool to see one come to a close like this with a happy buyer, and if anything other than just a new light you also got much more than you expected I’m sure with a wide range of varying information on other lights as well.
Have you made up your mind yet what your next light will be my friend…?? Ha Ha.
There’s no stopping you now, there’s always that next light…
So far this year I have bought 28 lights and I’ve slowed it down a bit from this time last year, but there’s still time to speed things up if need be, there’s the new Shadow JM70 yikes that’s a must have but another $100 on top the pile, oh brother, I need flashaholic anno,nonomous I think…
Just do like I do, I look at a light and if it looks nice to me I buy it, I don’t care about anything else because when I’ve got it in hand if it doesn’t work right, what have you, I just fix it to what I like, and I now have a nice looking light and one that works just the way I want it to, that’s how it works for me, well most the time, but never a sure deal, Good luck to you friend … :wink:

Yes, you’re right but if these triple LED is same is approx same brightness as S2+, I don’t find good reason to buy it.

Edit : write before ‘T18’ reaction

Hi, I think T18 is right, although convoy and jaxman have same lumenes, jaxman offers a bigger flood, if you also choose nichia option, wow, it should be a great light !!!, I do not have any of them, but if your budget Is allowed to go directly by jaxman, another thing is what prefers flood or shot, convoy are great lights too, greetings!

The S2+ is 3w and the Jaxman triple is 6w and has some nice LEDs and with the integrated shelf for better heat management, has a great beam profile and right now I think he has the nichias LED in black and XpG2 in the grey plus he has made shorty tubes for 18350 and 18500 cells for most of his triples.
The S2+ you get a LED and a OP reflector and one of the worst UI drivers on the planet IMO, blinkies galore, but you can disable them and buy a smooth reflector and buy the 7135*8 for output current 2800mA with a nice range of tints, and it is cheap, personally I’d buy all of the Jaxman lights and get it over with and be happy happy for a long time, then buy all of the Convoy lights and then start all over again.

Bye the way the E2L I have here on my desk is the Nichia 219B but I bought the host and built this one myself and even so the Nichia’s offered at Jaxman I believe are the 219B’s and it will be a nice light, except if I recall the only tint he had left last I saw was at about 4K, so getting a bit low for me personally, but I think Nichia are sort of a crap shoot most the time for me anyhow, I can buy the same LED 2 times in one day from the same vendor and see two different tints, maybe I’m going blind, beats me