AliExpress 11.11.14 Deals

Good Day Pregulla, and other AliExpress experienced users,

It would be Very Useful if guidelines to AliExpress "safe" purchasing were given/written up for us AliExpress newbies....

So that more of us may be willing to partake in AliExpress purchasing.

Thank You Very Much,

Best Regards,

George

Ok, that’s fine.
So, making it real clear for me/everybody, if I buy 1 Hugsby XP-1 at 5.68$, the seller on 11/11 will give me 15% discount? So, it will be 4,83$ Is this price ok? Or I’m wrong again? :davie:

ps
I have write at the seller, but no answer at the moment.

FYI O-L once made a lengthy and thorough description. Should turn up via a site search?

But it is more or less like any other chinese site these days. You take your picks. You time it in this case for the date and time it is reduced and buy it then. The you pay. Most sellers actually support pay-pal but the other buyer protection system (escrow) has same or better protection in some cases.

FYI. I've had NO issues with ali. I don't know if it is that they hit hard on the sellers if they are not truthful or if I am just lucky. My wife has neither.

FYI. I’ve had NO issues with ali. I don’t know if it is that they hit hard on the sellers if they are not truthful or if I am just lucky.
I’ll second that.
In eighteen months of buying from AliExpress vendors using the Escrow scheme I have only had one item not turn up and I was refunded the money within 36 hours. Around thirty purchases over the eighteen months and the only problem solved in good timely manner.
Nothing to complain about, well maybe the wait for goods to turn up but that’s down to the carriers not the vendors.
All cases where I have wanted more information I have had a reply quickly, given the time differences, and politely.
No affiliation with Ali Express just a satisfied customer.
There is plenty of information about how the escrow works and protection for buyers on the AliExpress site, it says it all better than I could.

@ Steve: So I'm still not lucky :-( Just a happy customer. (And my wife buys tonnes of carp on there. You'd literally need a seperate thread for that. Maybe in its own subforum. It that much. She is WAY worse than what I spend on lights.

So the people that buy lots from Ali, do you use a one time use CC? How do you protect yourself from unauthorized transactions on your CC? What card gives better coverage in case something goes wrong? I once used a chase card and they slapped an overseas transaction fee. … bummer! |(

Just my normal credit and debit cards, I don’t have the money to make it worthwhile for anyone to try CC fraud.
Transaction fees for changing $ to £ are 0.05% or 1% on my cards (can’t remember which) and I only buy less than $50 a month so it’s not a big issue for me.
The usual card protection measures are in force wherever I buy from. I once had a seller in the U.K. not send my items so I raised the matter with my CC issuer but he hadn’t actually taken the money over a month after my order and they could not act until he did. I eventually got my goods, going by the chatter on the forums I was lucky, he defrauded many.

Forums?
Where are they? I have clicked on the forums link in ALiExpress with no luck.

I have had horrible experience with AliExpress when I had a problem. Twice.
Most of my transactions have been trouble free so who knew how inefficient and wrong they could be?

1) Once with bait and switch where Ali reprimanded the seller.
A long time seller as shown by the amount of feedback there and on eBay. They should have been thrown off the site.
I had to charge that back since the seller kept my payment and Ali would not try to recover it for me. The order was never shipped.
They are not set up to handle a dispute before you receive the order, and their help agents don’t know where to send you.
OK, the first 3 agents didn’t. The 4th did. You have to go to Alibaba.com.
Ali never responded after the initial contact. I hear they are overwhelmed with disputes.
I hope that may improve with time, though I rather doubt it.

2) Had a seller send a different product not only to me but a # of others according to the reviews the site showed on the site AFTER I ordered. The product is no longer being sold.
After opening a dispute, and sending them snapshots of the webpage (you can only send 1 file and it can contain only graphics files JPG, PNG, etc) and telling them to read the reviews they told me to *&^% off.

Fortunately my CC company, which I have had for 20+ years, knows I rarely dispute charges, and when I do I have good reason and can prove what I claim, instituted a charge back after I told them the problem.
NOW AliExpress is suddenly investigating and has frozen the transaction.

All Ali had to do was look at my other transactions to see I made no claims and worked out any problems (orders not received) by emailing the sellers.

All my purchases are by CC, especially if through Paypal.

Paypal has an extensive record of defrauding people. It is an unregulated entity unlike most financial institutions.
They screwed me over once when the transaction was mistakenly transferred from my bank account instead of my CC.
That, of course, was one of the few times the eBay seller lied about the item and because I am not in the US eBay/Paypal (Same company) would not adjust the price (I asked for a $20 adjustment) but insisted I send the item back to the US at MY expense which was over $25.

Ever wonder why you can’t have a Paypal account without a bank account, why you cannot choose a CC as the default payment option and why it takes 3 screens to change the payment type?

Paypal has now put “not allowed to file class actions” in their user agreement. I do not wonder why.
Search for “Paypal class action” and read what Paypal has done and why the judge confirmed the class.
See all the sites about how Paypal cheated people?
Some are rant sites, but a number have lots of facts to back up their claims.

I would much rather deal with Citibank or Chase/JP Morgan. :slight_smile:

I have a claim which I put to dispute with Paypal several months ago (I made the mistake of first trying to work things out with one of the better rated CN vendors here on BLF), but it fell through the cracks and expired.
Paypal only allows 45 days to file, then 30 days from filing to finalize the dispute or it goes away.

Items shipped from China commonly take >45 days to get here so I would have to open a dispute on most orders.
Paypal did change it’s policy recently to a longer time except to Latin America, which, of course is where I live. :stuck_out_tongue:

When Paypal saw the charge back they suddenly were willing to talk about the dispute. :open_mouth:
Before that they very politely told me I could not speak with a supervisor and to *&^% off.

As bad as things have gotten in the USA there are still a few good reasons to live there.
Consumers are king and as long as they can be sheared they will be protected. Cynical ain’t I?

The Hugsby XP-2 looks like a nice little penlight. I’ll have to remember to buy one on the 11th.

Brinyte ED30 / ED20 / ED10 $19.88 now, 20% lower on 11.11. Must resist :smiley:

The seller has only 45 feedbacks and 96% rating. ED30 looks very tempting though.

I also found the Hugsbys on eBay for around that price, I got a couple and they’re pretty good, reverse click switch but unfortunately won’t tail stand. There aren’t many options in AAA with a click switch out there

They don’t save your data you have always to type it in again and they don’t send the data to the seller all goes over the alibaba platform as a man in the middle. The seller also gets their money only after you confirm the receipt. I also had zero problems with aliexpress.

Are these modeable?
can the internal parts be removed and reassembled without destroying it?

LOL, shipping 38.49$ via China post registered air mail!!!

No thanks.

This store has in store coupons plus 15% off most lights that you can combine with game coupons for major savings. Couple of good examples are the Trustfire TR-J20 for $69.99 and the TR-J19 for $56.69

Free shipping for me. I guess it’s based on your location.

oh the hype, nothing else. one person, well maybe two get a deal of their life (bet not) and the rest of us are convinced this shit is foreal.

“you get what you pay for” - a member from another forum quoted someone else whom i dont remember either.

Thread discussing hot air gun here:

Found this SRM 962 with liner lock - on sale should be $9.45 shipped, good deal? It’s over 17cm, one of the bigger folders.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/LAND-SANRENMU-Folding-Knife-GB902-Steel-G10-Handle-440C-56HRC-Blade-Camping-Tool-Tactical-hunting-knives/206171_1731945303.html

Damn, I want one of these. I guess $59.40 during the sale.

remember to play their pop-up parcel game to get your coupons! although it might be a bit late now as you’ll only be able to play 3 times! i’ve got a $7 off of $49, but i don’t see anything i really need to get. keep posting some suggestions here.