AliExpress price weirdness

Dude, there’s nothing I search for that I would be ashamed to make public. If I had a screen-recorder running on my PC last week when I gave priceArchive it’s last chance I would gladly upload that.
Here’s my most-recent orders on AliExpress:

Leaded Solder + Flux
Buck converter board
Voltage display board
AAA battery shrink wrap
LED strip
Metric power connectors
3amp fuses in bulk
TP4056 charger board

Like many on BLF, I am a DIY type person. I mostly buy parts for my projects on AliExpress. This type stuff shares product pages with odd variants.

That’s not what I meant. I was talking about data privacy no matter what the item.

Thank you so much for that information. I will try to figure out and find these items on AliExpress and see if there are any cases you mentioned and if there is anything I can do to improve the service.

There is one item I am watching price by writing it down.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32913137328.html?

Prices for cheapest option:
table(table#posts).
|Date|Price on page|Pricearchive price|
|26.2.|21.53|22.90|
|22.2.|23.90|22.90|
|18.2.|22.90|22.90|
|6.2.|23.90|22.90|
|4.2|22.90|22.90|
|1.2.|20.84|20.61|

So something is wrong there…

XXX-Man, This is just an example of the fact that prices for buyers from different countries may differ. Joshk wrote about this exact situation. Please change the country for delivery and you will see that the price is slightly different.

Honestly, these are the kind of situations where the price differs for different countries by about $1 for an item that costs about $20. I don’t think it needs to be corrected. That would not be bad, but so far I doubt it is possible to do so. You have to avoid these situations where the price changes very much
https://www.pricearchive.org/aliexpress.com/item/32844442426
https://www.pricearchive.org/aliexpress.com/item/4000466749748
https://www.pricearchive.org/aliexpress.com/item/4000131605470

XXX-Man, I remembered one thing that I had heard about before, but never tested. I heard that if you are logged into your account and check the price of an item several times in a row or several days in a row, then the price of this item can be a little more expensive just because of your interest in this item. It will be necessary to verify this. Then this may explain some points.

So how does Pricearchive make money to pay for itself?

Price is the same even if I open product in incognito mode with using VPN so no way they know what country I am from.

Interesting thing is another addon I just installed has exact same price history as I noticed, but different than you.

This is the Aliexpress affiliate program.
When someone follows a link to the Aliexpress website and then makes a purchase, Aliexpress pays a small commission for attracting a buyer. In this way, Aliexpress supports the ecosystem around its store. Usually it is 1-5. Sometimes 7 of the value of the goods. If you buy the item for $ 20, Aliexpress will pay about 20 cents to $ 1.4, depending on the category of the item. Most often it is 5%, that is, $ 1. If you buy on Aliexpress without clicking on the link before making a purchase, the price will not change for you.
There are goods for which sellers can give 90% of the commission but over the past 3 years there have been about 20-30 such purchases. And they all were cheap.
From February 20, the size of the commission is set by the seller. Previously, it was defined by Aliexpress and it was slightly higher. Now it has become lower. For approximately 20% of the goods, neither sellers nor Aliexpress pay a commission.

Could you please share the link to this extension?

Apparently they get prices from the Aliexpress website and their IP address is in the country where you are. If you look at the prices for your item for buyers from other countries, you will see that they are slightly different. Thus, for buyers from some other countries, their price charts will not be completely correct, as in your example with Pricearchive above. You are just lucky that they show the same price for your country. Check out other items if you have prices for them. In general, Pricearchive receives data from Aliexpress through their official API (Application programming interface). This is the only way that is allowed by Aliexpress. Aliexpress does not provide this opportunity to everyone. Apparently for the owners of your extension, Aliexpress did not give access to their API. It is not allowed to get information from the website because it creates a big load on the website due to the fact that when creating the page the page code, code of scripts, styles, etc. are generated. When using the API, there is no such load. I understand that this does not bother you much but I think you should know about it.

I just stumbled upon the difference between the item price on the search page and on the item page again. Can anyone explain what’s going on?
I enter https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=usb+metal+extension&ltype=wholesale&SortType=price_asc&page=1&groupsort=1
I see

I click on the second item and instead of $.33 it’s $1.5:

Price gone up suddenly on aliexpress. Shipping cost also increased tremondously.

I have noticed this as well. someone increased pretty much a lot of items and categories across AE. Same on Amazon (items in my card were moved to wish list or increased in price).

weird.

I noticed the same thing. Maybe they just don’t like us. I can’t imagine why.

Maybe our own user AliExpress collected all the responses from his thread and then they went…

“oh boy… these flashlight guys are annoying, they don’t like our search at all. let’s increase the stuff they need the most”

I was implying global politics.

I see that the Price Archive now requires me to click tracking links to use the site.
That’s a sad development. Goodby PA. :frowning:

Agro,
Let me clarify. The link you are talking about is not for tracking. We do not track the actions of our users, we do not associate IP addresses and we do not sell any information to third parties. We still do not require a phone number for registration and even an email is not required. All AliExpress price history charts, image search, tracking of parcels and search for goods with discounts - all this is still available without registration. That is, we do not have your personal data for any kind of tracking. If you are logged into your account and worry that we are somehow tracking you, then you shouldn’t. What’s the point of this? See what thousands of accounts are doing? It is not interesting. It is much more interesting to improve the service. For example, if before we tracked about 12 million goods every day, now we track about 33. This improvement was made about a week ago. The charts are getting even better. A little earlier, we began to show videos for those goods that you can find in the search results on Pricearchive. We are interested in this, but not in tracking our users and their actions.

If you meant an affiliate link by calling it a tracking link, then you’re right. A few days ago we offered this option to our users. This link does not appear all the time, but only once every 3 days. This was done as an experiment and may not always be the case. Perhaps you are against affiliate links? If not difficult, please explain why. If you follow the affiliate link, the price of the item does not change for you. This is 100%. If this were not the case, we would certainly not be conducting such an experiment. If possible, write your comment here. Thank you.