ALL SOLD

Meteor is sold!

I got you covered Bro :wink:

From all the reviews I’ve read this is a great light! Enjoy!!

Now I really have to get after buying a laptop. …

Bump.

One Cometa is sold and one left!

Bump

Cometas and Armyteks are gone.

bump

I can’t believe you could sell the Cometa’s, but with that said I can’t believe yesterday Banggood was selling them also with problems and all for something like $65, bad and dangerous reviews all still there, wow, at least yours is fixed and reasonably priced… I have a bunch of them somewhere in the brown box room, how come your not selling the Z1’s…?? Never mind… ha ha

All their potential issues are easily fixed with a few minutes of tinkering.

If you’re looking to sell your Cometa(s) and happen to be in the US, PM me.

Hi, thanks for the message and believe me I am very very aware of what the Cometa was, what happened, how it all happened to us as a group buy and so on, plus I was one of those that actually came up with many of the solutions to fix and repair this cloned Z1 Jaxman,
This was one of the most horrid situations I had ever seen happen to us at BLF as a group, nearly unbelievable, I’ve been here much longer than my current join date indicates,
But absolutely the fixes are actually as simple as setting a O ring the diameter of the pills shelf so now the pill is raised up to the normal level of the deck where battery tube meets with the pill and then can’t be bent to either side causing the short, and then the reflector is a simple Kapton tape fix. so certainly no big deal,
But surprisingly I was one of the very first to receive the Cometa without any forward warning of any dangers so it was quit a surprise when I vented a cell nearly immediately and then saw what the cause was and sounded the alarm.
Then seeing it for sale just the other day at Banggood was really a shock and they’re still asking $65 and have left all the old reviews from last year right where people can see what had happened and none of them any good, really makes you wonder just what is BG thinking, knowingly selling potentially dangerous lights to unsuspecting people, that’s really bad IMO, but I’m sure not going to stir that pot again,
I’m glad to see that Brett was able to sell his for a fair price and I am going to very seriously jot down your name and give this some thought regarding getting rid of them,
I know I did something with at least one of them, I think a partial fix to the issues trying to help with fix solutions during the situation but then boxed them due to being so angry over the entire thing.

I have so many lights that these are really just sitting back in with all the other brown boxes, so I really should just pass them on to someone who will get use of them and also to someone who is knowing what’s going on with these, if someone didn’t understand what is what with these I’d never sell them unless I fully repaired them myself.
I have quit a few Z1 hosts now that I have built and really only held on to these Cometa lights for some parts but mostly the lenses,
So thank you for the offer and let me give this some serious thought, and I’ll have to go dig and find them and go from there, great, thanks again…
Oh yes I am in the U.S. up in WA. State.

I understand all the issues related to the Cometa, but surprisingly mine arrived with no issues whatsoever. I actually tried both without any covering on the solder joints and they worked perfectly fine. However, just to be safe I did cover the solder joints as well as making the “milk jug washer” To be honest, I wish I had kept one of mine! They both were in perfect condition and only tested as far as use was concerned, and the only real issue was the threads on the host were not as smooth as the threads on my Z1. This being said, of course I agree with you that my Z1 is a much better designed and better quality light.

Yes the Z1 does have much better threads because they are genuine and not clones my friend,
I have gotten your PM and frankly I am struggling with a reply and for quit awhile now, I don’t know really what to say about these lights, so….
I am not ignoring you, so please know that, but I have to think about this a bit,
I am also a long time friend of Paul at Jaxman, so I know a lot about a lot of things.
I will get back to you Brett…!!

Agreed. I have a Z1 and there is really no comparison, not just the threads but the entire design. I just wish I would have held onto one of my Cometas but to be honest, I couldn’t even come up with a reason why Lol.

I appreciate you getting back with me. No hurry necessary, whenever you do is fine.

Hi Brett, no problems, when I mention I am long time friend of Jaxman I am not kidding you at all and I know just about everything, like chipped lens and white box stuff with Z1 and tint written on the box with a sharpie as well, so really I know a lot about what happens with Jaxman and his customers as well,
But with that said I also know after some minor issues where I tried to explain somethings to Paul about your not being a crazy customer IMO as he was thinking, or at least not any crazier than me, because when he sent me 10 Z1 hosts in White Boxes I to was pretty stunned about that myself, but fairly well knew he must have ran out of boxes and just hadn’t said anything, and that was his huge mistake, and I to also wondered are these clones? So do you see what I mean about knowing Jaxman, chipped lens and that one issue there sent the owner BACK over the edge after what happened with Banggood, and Manker tricking Jaxman out of 100 lenses claiming many customers where claiming their assembled Z1’s had chipped lenses, he has great pride in his product and checks each one prior to shipping and so after finding out they had lied to use those lenses in these Cometas , well it was a terrible thing for him and then along came your chipped lens and he lost it,
NOT your fault just purely coincidence and he was going crazy at me by email over crazy lying BLFers and chipped lenses and trying to convince me that he would never send a customer a lens that wasn’t perfect, well heck I know that but he needed someone to scream at in really not so good English, and that someone was me,
So I look at my two Cometa’s here and they are the first batch that came to use in that GB and these are genuine Jaxman lenses so you see why just that there makes these lights different to me because of all that happened and he is a friend and we went through a lot of stuff during that huge scam,
I think at least 500 BLF members were lied to by BG and the number one guy we all respected from that company who could have stopped that and saved us all from being taken advantage of didn’t say one word and just let it happen to us, well he’s long gone now but … oh man, long story pal.
So I’m really torn about getting rid of these, matter of fact last night was first time I pulled them out since the issue and today I put them all together with all the correct parts and LED centering rings and they are working perfectly, plus I realized this was also the left over drivers from the Kronos X5/X6 box set group buy, and how would I recognize the UI of a driver and know what lights they were last used in … ha ha,
I am not crazy, well not completely anyhow…
Talk soon pal, and by the way I also know how everything turned out in the end at Jaxman and you bought quit a few products to my recollection and that made Paul happy to resolve that situation in the way it ended up, so that to made me pretty darn happy to hear from him and proud to be a BLFer… hard to really explain it Brett, but IMHO you are a good guy for sure, I think… ha ha… later…!

I thought for sure I had responded to this T18, but anyway when you commented that you “know a lot about a lot of things” I was pretty certain you were implying that you knew about my previous situation with Paul. And yes, I did buy more products from Jaxman and if I remember correctly, I also left very positive feedback regarding my purchases. Also, you are correct in assuming I would not try to steal a $8-$10 lens from someone. I truly don’t believe in stealing but if one was inclined to do so, I would think they would go for the entire light and not just a lens. I am not even sure what one would do with an extra aspheric lens?

Secondly, I don’t know how I missed this in all of the Cometa fiasco, but I was not aware (or maybe just don’t remember through all of the issues) that those Cometa lenses were purchased from Paul! I now see why the timing of my lens issue was so irritating for him. I also see a crazy irony in all of this in that both Paul and my issues were directly related to the Cometa! I only purchased the Z1 because so many had said how much better this light was than the Cometa and how disappointing the Cometa was in comparison. Since the Cometa was my only zoomie, I had to check out this Jaxman. I then received my Jaxman Z1 with a chipped lens in a plain white box with “Z1 1A” written in marker (at that time I didn’t even have the option to purchase a different tint which was also strange to me) and tracking info that appeared as though it had shipped from Singapore if I remember correctly. For me, these were all kinds of red flags. At the same time I am thinking I am 2 for 2 on getting burned buying zoomies, Paul is getting a request for a replacement lens after having gone through the issue of Cometa buying lens for what turned out to be a ripoff of his own Z1! You have definitely made things much clearer now T18 and I am glad that in the end, things worked out between Paul and me.

Bump

Interesting…. I had missed this exchange. But it sure does put some perspective on the “white box & chipped Z1 lens saga”… ehich I remember well. :wink:

Glad it ended well… :slight_smile:

Ha Ha, I was just reading through some old messages from Paul and this was the topic.
It was BG that asked Paul for 100 lenses for chipped customer lenses that never was happening, they lied to Paul, but BG gave them to Manker that ended up being used in the stinking Cometa, I have two of them with Jaxman lenses, you can tell the difference.
All a very weird situation, through and through, and then Paul not telling anyone that he ran out of boxes didn’t help, man alive there was weirdness from A to Z and a lot of just bad timing,
I’m not even sure to this day if it’s funny in hindsight or not, I think Not… the last words I read in this message just a bit ago oddly enough was basically how Brett was a good guy and learning and bought some more Z1’s, so that made everything good with Paul and I still don’t know how I got in the middle of it,
I think it’s just that I was, or am, not sure, one of his longest customers and a BLFer so Paul came to me asking questions about Brett and if he’s crazy, how the heck am I supposed to know?
Well I know now, he’s sure not crazy that’s for sure, actually it was Paul that was crazy insane over the entire mess, I sure didn’t want to get in the middle of anything but I sure did want to ask him how it is I buy 10 X1 hosts and they all show up in White Boxes, I can’t resale lights in generic white boxes, geez.
So next shipment was a bunch of stupid boxes with Jaxman on them… ha ha ha, this was the weirdest and all fell right into that Cometa thing and poor Brett had no clue about any of it, wow, sure am glad it’s now, Today… haha

Haha, I am with you T18, I am glad that whole thing is behind me. I still wouldn’t mind having a Jaxman box for my Z1 though :laughing: