ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

What’s the name of the knife on the bottom row - 3rd from the left (beside EL-01) ?
And may i ask where did you get it? Thanks!

I’ve been wanting an ESEE Izula for some time but can’t justify the fifty bucks for a small chunk of 1095 that doesn’t even come with scales and has a moulded plastic sheath. Besides, I already have the very similar Eskabar that handles all the same duties.
When I saw a store on Aliexpress had knock off Izulas for less than eight dollars I decided to take a chance and order one.
Overall I’m pleased with the little clone, the finish isn’t perfect but I wasn’t buying it for a show piece. It’s made from some unknown Chinese stainless so I don’t expect the best edge holding ability but so far I’ve not put it to the test.

In the last week I have gotten the Harnds Viper and Ganzo G720, both excellent knives. I cannot believe the value on these things for the money. The Harnds Viper is a classy full sized knife suited for any kind of dress. The G720 has a very grippy handle and a blade profile for heavy outdoor use, both are just amazing for the money.

I’ve stumbled upon these new Enlan models on Aliexpress:
Enlan EL-17HT
Enlan EL-16HT
Enlan EL-14

I guess I’ll give the EL-16HT a try.

I really like the 17HT and the 16HT

I am thinking of picking this blade up this week as well.
TwoSuns Utility

I like the 17-HT too, love the angular lines.

You’re a better man than me being able to find those knives on AE using the search function….

AE has acted strangely lately, I like the clones - especially Spyderco clones - yet the quantity of them has massively diminished lately - it used to be I could put “spyderco” in the search field and get maybe 3500 results, nowadays only 450 results - odd.

I don’t really like tantos (personal preference), but that’s a pretty good looking knife.

Now I’m leaning toward the EL-17HT too because of its unique handle design. :slight_smile:

Some of the products can’t be find by a search. Maybe AE charge them a fee for it?…

that handle design looks like the grips I have on my 1911

And they’re now using the pivot screw with the T6 hole in the middle like they use on the Boker EL01, on the 17 anyway.

The 16 and 14 use a wave opener like the Emerson.

Enlan EW009
Enlan EW007

The EW009 looks interesting.

The EL14 seems interesting but it remembers me the ganzo g710 for the inverted tanto. The el16ht i said some time ago it looks ugly (for me) but it is a increíble strong knife for i saw in youtube.

Seems like we may have lost The Burgh. Hope you're doing well and come back someday dude.

This is probably illegal in many places, but not here as far as I understand our State laws (Disclaimer, I'm not an attorney and could be wrong). It's a duct knife. $14.xx on Amazon. Seems like it could be handy for fishing too. I plan on putting it in my BOB. Don't know anything about the steel yet. Says made in Taiwan. The serrated side is very sharp. So is the straight side, but it has some burs. Slices up paper with ease and cleanly (except when you hit a bur). Question is how will it hold up.

Home Depot sells a plastic handle version for $12.xx (Says 14.69, but rings up lower). Not supposed to be full tang like this above though. Haven't seen it in person. They also sell one made by Malco, but that one looks cheaply made to me in the online pics.

EDIT: Removed mouse over on first pic.

Oh so nice! Just started my FT knife collection. Just call me a late bloomer. Incredible value for the money, my God!!!! I have the G707 coming in next week and then an Enlan Bee EL-01AB sometime there abouts also. Oh and yes, that is an S5 making a brief appearance for postarities sake in the upper right hand corner of course. Anyone know where to get parts or upgrades for these? Maybe a website dedicated to them?

How’s the lock on the 719? Any chance of it firing in your pocket?
I’ve had my eyes on a few CA-legal autos, but I’m tempted to pick up a beater and cut the blade down to 2” myself.

The lock is fairly stiff, I wouldn't expect it to open even with keys in your pocket.

New Ganzo autos G7211 and G7212.
I was about to buy the G719 but these changed my plan. :slight_smile:

The aliexpress link you gave is the only source I could find. Want 90 dollars shipping to South Africa! Have you perhaps seen it elsewhere?

Fasttech have the 719b and 719g.

Don’t they offer free shipping to SA by HK Post?