ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

Believe it or not but my Land 9103 has also been shipped some hours ago tonight. :-)

teacher, glad to hear yours were shipped, too. :THUMBS-UP:

Can anyone recommend these Furagear knives?

FG-5

https://www.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-folding-knives/pp_009645964634.html

FG-10

https://www.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-folding-knives/pp_009202209590.html

FG-15

https://www.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-folding-knives/pp_009635373102.html

I'm still looking for folding knives with serrated blade (or at least partially serrated). Any recommendations?

@ Lux-Perpetua
Great news about yours my friend!! :+1:

And thank you… I’m glad mine shipped too. :beer:

I like my FG15 it’s a robust folder with excellent flipping action. I recommend to smooth the G10 scale a bit under the pocket clip otherwise it grabs the pocket seam.

Have look at the Brother 1605 it comes with a full serrated blade.

Thank you so much isti242! :+1: :beer:

I just saw that Fasttech is going to offer 15% off on Independence Day (July 4, 2019).

So, maybe a good chance to grab some new knives. :-D

I believe this brand have been found to be faking their steel (eg saying it is D2 when it is not etc).
I would not support them on principle.

That would be very disappointing. Can you please provide some more background information on that? I just ordered the FURAGear FG15 which appears to be made of D2 steel.

Youtube knife reviewer LuvThemKnives is testing random knives for hardness and steel.
Here is link to spreadsheet of test results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OepNr_D4lqbdTFqdqWl1rmAd4bOzPzJe6J0iEWrdJGU/edit#gid=0

...guess I found the right video:

Sooo I just got into this world of Multitools. What is the general list of good multitools? I currently have: Leatherman Wave, Gerber Dime, and Nextool.

Thanks in advance!

Depends on what functions you are looking for, but can’t go wrong with Victorinox Spirit or Swisstool, or try a Swiss Army Knife which have many configurations

Anyone know of any US based knife sites having 4th sales today?

I think BladeHQ is.

Well, this kinda sux. :frowning: . My two 9103’s never left China, they are being “Returned to Sender”. . :person_facepalming:

I checked it on both Package Radar & 17 Track.

This is a first…… :wink:

Package Radar

July 8 18:51
Package returned to the sender
In Guangzhou City

July 8 17:44
Package has left the office for delivery
Guangdong postal courier logistics and international business sales department in liwan vot1d Range Rover station

July 3 00:11
Package accepted
Guangdong postal courier logistics and international business sales department in liwan voted Range Rover station

_

17 Track

2019-07-08 18:51
Guangzhou, return to the investment

2019-07-08 17:44
Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province Postal Express Logistics International Business Department of Tsuen Wan To-Wan Station to arrange delivery, is expected to be delivered by 21:00:00 (postman’s name: Luo Zheng; contact phone: 18929548751)

2019-07-03 00:11
Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, postal courier logistics international business department of Tsuen Wan to win the station has received a copy (He Canji)
Operation

2019-07-03 00:11
CHINA, Acceptance -> Your item was accepted at 12:11 am on July 3, 2019 in CHINA.

You seem to be not alone, teacher.

Looking onto two of my orders it looks like this:

Order #01 (Land 9103 & Sanrenmu 6020 RUK)

Number: LL*******CN
Package status: Pick up
Destination:

Origin:
2019-07-08 17:44, International Express Bay Tsing-for-Tae-T-Tin- arranged delivery, delivery officer: Luo Zheng: 18929548751
2019-07-03 00:09, International Express Bay Touted Investment Department has received, T-director: He Canji 13901390139
======================================

Order #02: (Ganzo FH41 and some more)

Number: LL********CN
Package status: Pick up
Destination:

Origin:
2019-06-25 20:22, Guangdong Province Postal Express Logistics International Business Department Baiyun Tsing Station arrangements delivery (postman's name: Luo Zheng; contact phone: 18929548751)
2019-06-25 00:59, Has left the Guangdong Province Postal Express Logistics International Business Department of Tsuen Wan To-Wan Station, sent to Guangdong Province Postal Express Logistics International Business Department Huadi Bay To-Land Station
2019-06-25 00:23, Guangdong Province Postal Express Logistics International Business Department of Tsuen Wan To-Wan Station has received a copy (He Canji)
======================================

The status is updated nearly every day but the information does not change any further.

I hope they get it sorted out & back on track for both of us Lux-Perpetua. Fingers crossed… :wink:

I just talked...well...wrote to Gearbest's CS team. They tried to calm me down and said something like "everything's gonna be alright"...as usual. :-D

Their after sales team will get back to me. I will report here once I have any updates. In terms of my second order they seem to have shipped a second time but this time with Swiss e-Packet.

:+1: … I’m just gonna give it a day or two before I contact them, hoping they sort it out first so I don’t have to get into the back & forth email game with them. . :person_facepalming: . :smiley:

I also got in touch with Gearbest re 9103 Land - was told it is now discontinued. won’t come back :frowning:

need another source now.