ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

That Harnds Wolverine looks really nice. I’ve been impressed with my Assassin.

The Petrified Fish brand has my attention. As I mentioned previously, the rebranded Gocomma knife people were raving about here last year turned out to be a Petrified Fish. They’re using real D2 based on some limited testing. The test model had a hardness of 62, which is on par with Ganzo’s D2. That’s good news because I really like the style on some of their knives.

Slowly replacing knives in my collection, I want ZT, Kershaw and Benchmade only

Truth in advertising:

Searched for Petrified Fish, saw that this shop also carried CH. I’ve been looking for a folding cleaver-style blade - something ugly but fun. This one can’t be set up for lefthand pocket carry, which I prefer.

ZT is probably my favorite brand. Love the carbon fiber ZTs.

Nice looking collection!

I just go for budget priced Kershaw, but I know that ZT and Benchmade are quality as well.

Two slipjoints from Twosun. The upper is nice and classical but the second one is much better for the using (at least or my opinion).

If that TS164 had a hole it would be a perfect Spyderco knife.

Ugly as hell but so effective. Time to edc my best slicer again :wink:

Kershaw actually makes very decent knives and the styling is getting more ZT (makes sense since Kershaw took over ZT) In the beginning I bought some Firebird knives (they make ZT/Benchmade rip offs) and they are very good if you don’t mind a different logo. They hold an edge very well, even after some abuse.

For european folks (mostly people close to the Netherlands), there is a deal on knivesandtools.nl for the 2020 carbon mora, €4.95/knife. here

the mora basic is a great knife and for this price its a no brainer. Great to just toss it in your bag and abuse it.

:+1:

Yes, same price on knivesandtools.fr, that makes ~9€ shipped

(The Mora 511 is usually around 7-10€, around here)

I can get Mora 511 Basic locally for €4. And that’s not a promo. Though most stores ask €6+.

Nice! I wish that was the case here haha. Instead they’re cheap, but not cheap cheap (most of the time 7-10 euro’s). So this deal does save me a few euro’s :smiley:

Yeah…and I keep contemplating whether to get one.
I used to own such knife but I didn’t use it much and one day when I took it out of the drawer it had no blade - it completely rusted. I don’t know if I failed to clean it properly or was it just that I didn’t oil it (back than I haven’t heard about oiling blades)

I use mine quite often. That’s why I ordered 2, one for me and one for my dad. Because they’re so cheap I tend to neglect them as well. But so far mine hasn’t rusted away haha

These are nicely done! Civivi has certainly upped their game. Elementum is interesting in all the options available. Just too bad that scales aren’t easily replaced.

Sorry to be offtopic, but what kind of Zippo lighter is that? The white part is bone or plastic?

Thank you!

It’s a scrimshaw model. It’s plastic. I have the smaller model version sitting in a drawer.

Thank you, Rat_Racer. I thought it was ivory.