Alternative knive shops to AE, Gearbest, Fasttech ...

Hmmmmm……

I may only use quite slender leather cord, would that work without fouling the blade?

Alternatively, how about if a hole was drilled through the clip, near to the bend where the fitting is? Is there room there maybe to drill a hole so a strand of 550 could be threaded through it?

Cheers and sorry to pester you with q’s.

Paul

The cord would be pretty close to the blade, so I don't think that would be a good idea.

There is room to drill a hole in the clip! I think that would work.

No problem.

Good fellow - thanks very much.

I think I may have to treat myself to that one. After all, now that I have my British Blades Forum Knife (Engraved Spyderco Urban) in my greasy paws I only have a Victorinox Alox Farmer en-route……

Kind regards,

Aren’t you meant to be in bed around this time?

Paul

Though usually nocturnal, the raccoon is sometimes active in daylight to take advantage of available food sources.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raccoon#Diet

Haha……

Get to bed….

SP: I’ve checked mine. There’s enough room for an 550 paracord lanyard around the last standoff (the blade can’t touch it closed).

If someone’s interested it looks like this taken apart:

and a group shot with the Twitch II :slight_smile:

That’s great Isti - thank you very much. I think I’ll be ordering this……

SP

Cheers RC and Isti - I’ve ended up ordering the Kershaw - fingers crossed customs don’t seize it for being a flipper (they are real PITA’s lately).

Plus I also ordered a Spyderco Squeak type thing in orange for $9.

Thanks again

SP

sooo… is http://www.sh0142-hk.com a safe shop or should I wait a bit longer?

I have these in my Cart:

Maybe someone sees something that he likes :slight_smile:

A shame, that the PUMA GEK008 isn’t available at the moment - also, no answer if it will be available soon :c

I’m not really a knife-guy, but I have a few Opinels, a Ganzo G738-W1 (In my car for cutting grass for my 4 guinea-pigs :partying_face: ) and the mighty Medford Praetorian Clone.
BUt I am the kind of guy who says “Having a knife is never wrong”. For that, I have a Opinel No.4 on my bunch of keys.

Couldn't resist. I bought a couple knives. If they come in and look good, I will do a giveaway with them.

I love knives, but as with flashlights, I don't collect them. Just couldn't resist in trying a new to me seller.

As far as I’m concerned, no problems with my recent order (see above in this thread). Use Paypal for buyer protection

Have you done a review of the Amplitude Isti? I can’t find it on your site.

How does HengSheng ship their knifes?

I have now 7 knifes in my Cart for $34.20 - Shipping is $19.45 - For that amount, I could ship that stuff from germany to china with DHL (16€)… The other way should be much cheaper, even with DHL (would be 42.50$ for this order)

Not yet.
The blade is hollow ground so it slices quite well and thanks to the snappy AO the blade flies open easily.
It weights 128 g (4.51 oz) so it feels quite solid compared to its size.

It’s certainly a very handsome knife. I’m looking forward to getting it and fashioning an nice leather lanyard somehow.

My order was shipped with PostNL

Sub-Total:$32.26
Zone Rates (Shipping to FR):$9.83
Total : $42.08

I suppose shipping fees (a bit expensive) compensates the really low prices of the knives (and inversely on some other chinese shops with free shipping)

While I have to agree that the shipping costs are steep, you still pay less than 8$ per knife!
But why not send the seller an email and ask for a better rate, I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes you a better deal on shipping when ordering 7 knives at once?

You are right.
I sent them an email - especially since pelic has half as much shipping costs and france is directly aside germany…

No answer til now. Not via the contact-blank, not via email…
I guess this means either “Me no speaky english” or “It says 20$ shipping - it is 20$ shipping”

In my experience this is unusual but hey, stranger things have happened….
Are you going to pull the trigger anyway?