Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

Yup, it’s back up to $20. I’m really liking mine. I was contemplating a new MCU for it, but the stock UI actually isn’t bad for such a small light. I ended up swapping LEDs for a 4000K Luxeon V2 and calling it a day. I’d say it’s worth the $20 if you like the form factor.

Ok then, ordered! Says coming by Sunday. I got a few. Do you think it's moddable though with a driver swap?

Its a great light, packs a lot of punch and well made. Magnet is very strong as well. Tint is cool white though, which is not too bad.

Yes, if you’re not phased by the driver-mounted switch and potential loss of USB charging. Bezel is glued, but I got it with channel locks using leather welding gloves to protect the Wowtac W1 which came away unscathed. Driver details: linear regulator is a OCX OC7141. MCU is a PIC12 (SOIC8 footprint). Charging controller is a TP4067. A PFET has reverse polarity protection duties. An attiny412 would swap in directly, outside of the red LED signal is tied to the reset pin, so that would have to be skipped or done creatively.

Pinout:

• Pin 1: VDD
  • Pin 2: power to linear regulator and firefly channel (a 1.2k Ohm resistor isolated by a FET)
  • Pin 3: linear regulator PWM
  • Pin 4: switch, active low (no external pull-up? use MCU internal pull-up)
  • Pin 5: charging status… never finished analyzing how this is done. The TP4067’s charging pin isn’t utilized, but it does tie into the TP4067.
  • Pin 6: red aux LED, active high, has series resistor
  • Pin 7: blue aux LED, active high, has series resistor
  • Pin 8: GND

Edit: annotate versions:

Nice light, but it does have long press to turn off. Some people aren’t bothered by it, but I’ll avoid any flashlight with that UI. I have a EDC05 (from a giveaway) which is similar to the Wuben E05, and it is a well-built pocket rocket. It would be my regular EDC if not for the long press off UI.

I don’t care about the longpress-for-off, but I really didn’t need Yet Another CW Light.

Otherwise I probably wouldda been on it like stink on a monkey.

Honestly, if you can swap the CW emitter (easy) and get around the hold-for-off, the Wuben E05 is an awesome light. I sold mine off though. If I didn’t have some other great lights in this size, I’d be all over you deal. Really nice light.

AA/14500 is my favorite size. Currently being filled by a ReyLight TI LAN, a Skilhunt M150, etc.

Yeah, probably, but I’m at the I Just Don’t Want To stage.

There are enough lights out there that tick most of the boxes (eg, my MH20) that I don’t need another “not quite” light.

Unless it does something really unique, or is at some ridiculously low price that’s so irresistable that I’d suffer modding it, I can just as easily do without.

Plus, I got a lot of really nice lights that I just don’t “rotate in”, and even they kinda languish on the shelf (well, in my keep-around bag).

And I like Wubens. Got my awesome TO46R and i332 that are kinda sitting around unused, and I really like the dual-switch setup. But then again, I got my dual-switch Nitecores to keep me busy, too, and even they get low usage.

So…

That sounds like my situation also. Something special is going to have to come along to get me to buy another flashlight. Don’t use most of the ones I have already. My next ones will have to have built in charging as I just like the convenience. Something like a EDC18 with charging would be nice.

I'm lik'n the Amutorch E3 and E3S's. E3S now in 4 colors. Working on an Anduril driver for these lights now,

Wuben E05
Luxeon V5 replacement, can leave the board in place if you have a decent hot air gun and this flashlight does come on in Turbo from off with long press and then goes back off with short/quick click.

Think my first one got a 4000K and it is a dandy.
Just saying, if you’re on the fence, just get it.

Anduril, as in, they will be stock with that firmware:)!

Should be stock w/Anduril.. It's a shame.

I agree

I tried out the cotton face masks in the first link today.

They do not have an odor to them, like some other masks I have bought.

They are very comfortable, though they do touch my lips.

If I talk while wearing the mask, the mask stays put.

The mask does not have a piece of flexible metal for the nose, but it doesn't really need it.

I like these masks more than my N95 mask, and the mask I got from eBay, and the masks I got from AliExpress.

These are my favorite masks so far, and they are the cheapest as well.

I highly recommend them.

EDIT:

It looks like the 50% off deal I got is not available right now.

I don't know if it will be available in the future.

CCed from the edc-pouch thread:

Got one of these, pretty damned good for 10bux:

https://www.vipon.com/product/7736294-BESTKEE-Men-Tactical-Belt-Heavy-Duty-amazon-coupons

(Some people don’t like tinyurl, so just c&p the text for the link. :neutral_face: )

Quick-release belt (solid chunk o’ metal for the buckle), molle pouch like the one I’ve been EDCing forever, and a ring attachment thingy, all included.

Even on AX, you could pay 10bux just for the pouch.

Fixed link

Looks like you could put a medium sized pistol in there easily for the carry crew.

I just got one but what I’ll use it for I haven’t the faintest. The price went up or something happened but it was a buck more than vipon said it was. Still a good deal for maybe camping or hunting , things I don’t do but what the hell.

Wellp, like I said, just the bag was another vipon for 9’n’change, so 10 for one of those with all the extra goodies is a steal.

And I vaguely recall I got those pouches (from AX) for around 8-10, so this coming from Amazon was a damned good deal. A steal, almost. And in just a few days, too (no prime), not months vs coming from overseas.