Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

I couldn’t find any review showing it on a usb trigger. Seems like really good rating though if it’s true

I really shouldn’t subscribe to this thread; it’s terrible for my wallet!

Thanks, @Chinooker. I nabbed a power bank. Looking forward to it.

chinooker
Were you able to buy the one you supplied a link to (104000mah) or was it the bigger one i couldn’t get my code to work the smaller 104000mah one in your link.

looks like it suffered the BLF flood effect, now $12, and the additional 10% Amazon coupon is gone
https://www.vipon.com/product/6530416-Charmast-Mini-10000-USBC-Quick-Charge-amazon-coupons

Strange when i searched their website earlier using Charmast only their 3 larger units would come up and none of those coupons worked on the smaller unit, now you supply a link and it shows the price of $12.00 but says the seller is no longer offering vouchers, so i click on Amazon link to purchase because its still a good deal at $12.00 and it shows full price? why not just show full price instead making you click on the link? Just another wacky web site. I got a kick the other day i was looking for something to do with a 12 volt power port or cigarette lighter, and in the item the description it listed the item as compatible with smoke making port. You just cant make this stuff up.

Just got my (smaller) Charmast. Looks like a nice little critter, pretty solid, topping off the charge right now.

I like that it includes 2 cables, 1 for charging and 1 usb-c to usb-c.

(Isn’t a “Charmast” one of those Pokomon critters?)

Yep … very handy little PB … mine seems to work great.

One thing that scares me, though…

What are they going to sever me from? Or worse, sever from me? :open_mouth:

Umm, the communications didn’t come from a woman named Lorena, did they? :smiling_imp:

That’s what I was fearing.

and the included sachet bag :blush:

Yeh, nice and squishy!

I stopped getting updates on this thread, which my wallet loves but I’m bummed I missed the PB.

Me too. The emails have stopped.

I hope subscriber emails are still being sent for this thread. That’s why I subscribed — so I can hopefully take advantage of some of the deals I’ve been reading about here!

Do I need to sign up at vipon.com in order to use their coupon codes? Or can I just use other people’s codes when they post them in this thread?

I went ahead and signed up at vipon.com, and almost immediately I found this Teslacom 18650 4-cell 12-emitter flashlight at half-price ($14.84 and no tax) with a Vipon coupon code:

https://www.vipon.com/product/5844884-TESLACOM-Flashlight-High-Lumens-Brightest-12x-amazon-coupons

This flashlight is probably junk so I may end up kicking myself after it’s delivered, but the seller clearly makes the following points … and this first point is already a better / more honest sales approach than nearly all other no-name flashlight sellers use these days:

- No lumen number advertised! Instead the product details just say: “high lumens with 12x Cree LED”.

- “New Generation IC” that is supposed to lower the current draw before it gets too hot, and cut the power before battery voltage drops too low. No numbers are given here, but if these features work as advertised that’s the important thing.

- It runs on 2, 3 or 4 cells.

- Only button-top batteries can be used.

- It comes with an 18-month warranty (We are committed to making sure you love your purchase, so if any question, please contact us anytime and we will make things right.) … but the warranty is valid only if the seller is Quincy Technology Inc. so if you buy one, be careful about the seller.

… and one of my favorite features:

- It has only low, high, and strobe modes … and you have to long-press for 3 seconds to get to strobe mode!

Personally I love simplicity and hate trying to remember all the different modes and features of most flashlights these days. I might not mind one or two more power levels on this one, but at least they hid the strobe behind a long-press — which means I will never accidentally trigger it.

Unfortunately they do not provide the Cree LED specs.

This flashlight has an Amazon 4-star review average, and a couple of very good 5-star reviews, but only 11 total reviews to date. Verified Purchasers added this info which was useful to me:

I hope it’s worth the $15 I paid for it. Only time will tell.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the description also says a lanyard is included, and the 4th picture on Amazon shows what it looks like.

The teslacom flashlight? Its not a horrible flashlight, infact the build quality feels nice to it. Its no more then 2000 lumens, and 6500k white.

I suppose it’s worth 14$, but i havent ripped it apart to see if it has a solid shelf or not. Perfect light to hand to someone if your worried about it not being returned though

I had one also (gave it away to a friend) and Tomogchi nails it. Cool white, about 2000 lumens and solid build quality.

Y’all beat me to it. Nice light in hardware, crappy UI. Just high/low/off, forgot if strobe is in the main cycle or needs a 2click. I confess, mine’s a Box Queen. If I find someone who’d want one, I’d hand it off with 1-2 “bonus cells”.

Quite nice, quite bright, but with only hella-bright and half-hella-bright, it’s not terribly useful as an all-around light, just a sort of “whut’s making that noise in the backyard??” light.

It’s fairly low-stress, so can work with 1-2 cells if needed, without melting the springs.

Has built-in charging, no? Right there that’s a plus if true. It’d work for The Muggle™ to get them into brighter lights without necessarily setting themselves on fire.

Just reread the above, yeah, longpress gets to strobe, not a 2click. So the main cycle is just high/low/off.