Amazon US buy one SD05, get a alarm clock as a free gift

Hi there, please stop arguing about the offer and about other users’ reactions to it. Please just move on if it doesn’t interest you.

I went to a boxing match and a hockey game broke out. :smiley:

I don't know if there's a violation of BLF's rules and I don't mean to offend you or defend Barry here. But INMHO this is clearly NO false advertising. From your link:

"False advertising is the use of false, misleading, or unproven information to advertise products to consumers."

As far as I can see none of these terms apply to the OP. I read "Buy an SD05 set and get a free alarm clock worth $18.99."

Sure, the thread title is a bit misleading and should be renamed but some prudence and thoughtfulness can't be wrong, especially with a language barrier. ;-)

Anyway, I will check with Barry directly to see what he can do to de-escalate and to avoid conflictual situations like this one in the future.

A great Sunday to everyone! :-)

Barry is a good man, and has been a joy to have around this forum for the last 5+ yrs. We wouldn’t have our LT1 lantern and a few others if not for him helping push the projects through.

Sorry, I have confused the definition of the two, I have revised the title again

Sorry, I have confused the definition of the two, I have revised the title again

The title/OP of the thread used to read "buy one get one free", which was misleading to say the least.

(That's not what buy one get one free means.)

Why do you think so many BLF members were concerned about the OP?

Thanks you for correcting the error, and thanks for the offer!

:sunglasses: :beer: