an Idea for using DTP Boards with OSRAM LEDs

I would be interested in designing a pfet only driver , but i don’t have the time to make any reasearch right now .

Can you explain it please ?

If you electrically insulate the star from the body you do not have to worry about the non-neutral cental pad and you can use any normal driver.

I already know that , but i don’t know the proper way to do it …

I remember someone tested it with Arctic Alumina adhesive but output dropped dramatically after some time .

Edit : Ohh , nevermind , it was you Jos : What did you mod today? - #3363 by djozz

With a 20mm star of even a big 26mm Maxtoch board, and flat surfaces to begin with (that Secruritying led-shelf was rubbish) the layer of AA will be thinner and have a larger surface area, the method could work much better then.

Thanks !

Hi :nerd_face:
Why wouldn’t an Osram Black Flat work on a Regular AMC7135 Driver? , because from the Datasheet the Center pad is Connected with the Negative Terminal of the LED ?

EDIT:
The answer is because AMC7135 Chips Regulate using the Negative Terminal :student:

That is an interesting led, Can’t wait for the Tests :partying_face:

Vinh shared a picture of his Oslon driver:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?440679-NEW-WORLD-ORDER-4-THROW-V54-World-that-is-HaHa\*&p=5163093&viewfull=1#post5163093

Cool, he must have done the regulation at the positive side then. I hope that Richard is selling this driver soon (still a pain that his business is in the US, some country with one of the poorest postal services combined with the most expensive international shipping in the world).

Another solution for the use of Oslon leds is the new 20mm non-DTP (but with DTP-level thermal performance) board that led4power is going to sell soon.

I could design real quick a Nanjg 105 compatible p-fet driver, no magic there arenplenty good p-fets, just moonlight will be not as low as with fet+1 drivers

What is a Good P-FET Alternative to LFPAK56 or LFPAK33 ?

Vinh is SkyLumen Right ? :innocent:

Right

Ill have a look on datasheets of different candidates later today

Good Luck :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

I would choose this solution… I don’t wont any drivers except mine :slight_smile:

But hey! 20mm? led4power please bring us 16mm versions also.

Problem denied: Led4power’s 20mm MCPCBs are available now.

Very nice…

I am sure Djozz will test it it with olson black flat. :+1:

Edit: 16mm versions would be best sellers for sure but if Led4power decided to go with 20mm than ok… For example I can only use 20mm in one model of light and 10 other models use 16mm one.

I can make 16mm in next batch, somehow I thought 20mm will be more universal/interesting.

Could you tell me which lights you have, have 16mm pcb?

Uniquefires, Brinyte, Supwildfire(I use 16mm other guys mod it to 20mm),Lumapower, Tiablos, Dereelights, and plenty of small xxx zoomies…

Yes… Make both versions :+1:

Edit: I oblige myself to take first 20 pcs of 16mm when they arrive.