Anker's customer service is beyond excellent

I have the 11S. No Wi-Fi, just a dumb “bump and run” robot, but it still does a great job!

Thanks for sharing this RobertB. Customer Service such as you described is amazing as far as I am concerned. It is refreshing to read stories such as this about companies that actually seem to care about their customers.

Anker’s origin story fits the basic template on how to create a business.

Google software engineer with no prior experience quits his job, moves to Asia, and starts an accessories company to meet an unfulfilled need.

They started out selling rebranded Chinese ODM stuff like everyone else, but with polished marketing and good support.*

Progress enabled them to move beyond rebranding, design their own products, and expand into other product categories.

Good support has engendered customer loyalty, and those users have been turned into unofficial evangelists, just like this thread.

Others have been able to mimic certain facets of the playbook, but haven’t been able to put it all together. Ravpower was an early competitor, but hasn’t achieved the same level of notoriety, if not success.

• with these products, stuff happens, but taking a lot of the risk out of buying from yet another hitherto unknown Amazon brand at the time with an unheard-of 18-month, no-questions warranty broke new ground. Along with slick, polished marketing that didn’t read like it was poorly translated from another language. It changed the way these mundane products were sold, and forced everyone to up their game.

Kinda makes one wonder if someone could do the same, pull it all together, and do it with flashlights.

Interesting story. I had no idea thats how it all came about. Thx for posting that.

Fenix kind of does the same thing, for US customers anyway. FenixStore & FenixLighting are the two distributors with factory styled websites, and good warranty and out of warranty service is done in Texas with no hassle.

You did well

Good customer service is always a good thing. They sell USB chargers and cheap flashlights, what kind of service did you need?

It’s a shame they don’t make interesting lights. They have boring lights with crappy UIs.

An old thread, but …

Here’s my Anker support story.

I purchased a 5 output 40W USB charger from Anker and had it for about a year. One morning I get an email telling me that Anker had improved the design of the charger I had and were concerned that mine might fail unexpectedly. The unit I had did lose power on one outlet so I sent along my address and within the week I had a brand new charger. That was in 2015. The replacement charger is still in service working flawlessly. Needless to say I own many Anker products today and they all perform well.