ANSWERED: Which will be brighter? See the second post for the details. (Results pic!)

The 26700's? They are 26 mm wide, 700 70.0 mm long, hence the name Smile. They are a tad bit longer than most protected 26650's, but I found they fit in many 26650 lights, not all though. The MaxToch M12 was made to fit them. MaxToch sold the KK 26700's with their label/name on them. MtnE is out of stock, but I really like them - they are top performers at a great capacity. They were not a great seller, but Richard sold off his complete order - about 200. He's been out of stock for a while, not sure if/when he will re-stock. Think my OPUS BT-3100 measured them at 5100-5200 mAh.

Edit: Oh sorry, I assumed everyone was familiar with those - post being updated.

How about the others? One says 26700, another 26650, but the rest are not labeled.

700mm long? wow never seen a battery over a foot long before :stuck_out_tongue:

Flashlight guys are always exaggerating the length of their batteries. :bigsmile:

Oopsie, 70.0 mm - hhmm, missed a decimal pt. I originally wrote 26 cm by 700 cm.... Laughing Need to learn metric mode one of these days... I wrote the firmware in a treadmill that operates in MPH and KMH, mileage calcs, cals, mets, all the bells&whistles. Good thing someone else tests those things before we ship em out, because I sure don't trust it enough to get on one of those damn things. (Smile)

These 18650’s shouldn’t even be included in the test, at 4.17V they are way below the full charge level of the other cells.

Sam 25R 4.17v: 1173 - 1139 (Samsung 25R 18650) Pana PD 4.17v: 1125 - 1098 (Panasonic PD 18650)

Charge these to 4.21V and the numbers will be substantially higher, perhaps even surpassing the larger 26650’s… maybe not but surely allowing them to be more competitive. I know, I know, the PD’s and PF’s are probably older and won’t charge up to 4.21V any more, such is the life of a hot cell.

A 30Q beaten by the King Kong? Oh yeah, a measely 27 lumens, but still, that’s surprising… although I have lights that like the LG HE-2 better than the 30Q, or even the HE-4, so it’s weird sometimes.

Thanks Tom, nice test, interesting results. :slight_smile:

Edit: (now where is my EVVA 5200 cell? Hmmmm……)

Yes - sort of slapped this test together quickly, grabbing cells I had laying around. I got to do it a bit more scientific. I do have 2 brand new 30Q's - should charge them up.

Yea, now that DB mentions it, Toms results pretty much follow the voltage. Still interesting, but it seems voltage is too different to draw to many conclusions from.

Just because I could, I ran a similar test this morning but with a much different emitter… The Luminous SBT-70 in an Tangsfire TS2010. Here’s what the result showed…

Once again, amperage did not necessary dictate lumens, I don’t understand it but these numbers are what my meters told me. The EVVA protected cell is indeed more capable than the Pan PD, but all in all it’s middle of the road. Still, a great high capacity cell that’s capable of some good output numbers. Surprising from a protected cell.

That's interesting. More like I would expect for the most part. The 26700 is up there, but beaten out by cells I'd expect. Interesting though those protected 5200's did as well as they did. You'd think the unprotected version of a 5200 would do even better, but Richard says the KK 4000's do better (on his 5200 unprotected product listing - mtnelectronics.com5200 unprot). Hhmm. Can never tell though because KK cells have lots of variations cell to cell, then of course there's batch variations, etc.

Wow, it’s interesting to see a larger pool. I don’t have an inventory that large. Thanks for sharing.
Also, how long was the LED on before the measurement? When I tested it took about 5 seconds to aim the flashlight and press the camera button.

On both meters, I held it til I saw the highest number. I tested amperage first with my clamp meter and when it dropped off enough to tell I’d seen the peak I pulled it. Same for the light box, when it reached peak then fell, I stopped. So this is (as I usually do) max possible. Each of these 11 cells were pulled off the XTAR charger right after the green light.

I have LOT’s more I could test, lol Almost added the Efest Red IMR 3000mAh 26650, and then I’ve got a host of 18650’s in all kinds of variants, including a few not on the open market. With 100 plus lights loaded and ready for bear and a shot-shell case full of cells, I’ve got more than I care to count. (not sure if that math has ever occurred to my wife, see 100 lights, do you count the cells inside em? :bigsmile: THIS is an expensive hobby! And when you see the parts bins, all the emitters and boards and driver components and wire and and and…)