Any info on this 1xAAA Astrolux A01 Nichia 219B at banggood?

Sounds good.

Do you have another small nichia light to compare levels to? Maybe an L3 L10?

Nothing comparable to this… KD Buckle V6 is the closest, but no Nichia. BLF 348 with Nichia, but no modes…

Good news on the mode spacing, that was holding me back.

4000K should nicely complement the BLF 348’s 5000K.

I think the mode spacing is brilliant .most people think linearly and thats why lots of mode spacing looks so stupid . this Low Med hi / Low Med Hi /Strobe is like the eagletac user interface … very simple way to hide a strobe and not have to see it unless you want it …

What you have is a moon a low and a high . basically a 2 mode light . Which is perfect for a AAA light since there really isn’t much difference between low and high .A medium is just a wasted motion .you either want just enough light to read a map or see a keyhole or walk around …or you want everything the light can deliver ……and a moon mode .

people aren’t considering either what mode spacing looks like on a 10440 ……which when modes are spaced were med and high are closer together . The modes are always too high on a 10440 .

I think the mode spacing sounds very good I’m definately much more interested at this point . If PWM is nil than I’m all in .Sadly i think the body is stupid ugly …I asked REmanG if the head fits anything else like the …KD buckles ?/ just dreamin ’
Someone needs to drop a 10440 in it .

- NICHIA 90CRI NVSW219C- R9050- SW40 LED

• Max 102 Lumens output
  • Modes: low 0.14lm (l00h) mid 7lm (7.2h) high 102lm(0.5h) strobe 102lm
  • Max light intensity: 450cd
  • Beam distance: 42 mesters
  • Orange Peel reflector
  • Head rotary switch, One Hand Operation
  • Compatible with one AAA Alkaline or NI- MH battery (BATTERY NOT INCLUDED)
  • Aerospace grade aluminum body
  • Mil-Standard type III hard anodize
  • Meet IPX-8 waterproof standard
  • Impact resit up to 2 meters

Specification:
Length:70mm
Head Dia.:16.5mm
Body Dia.: 14.5mm
Weight: 15g (without battery)

Those are the amazom manaker A01 specs .

the main differences i see are the 219C vs the 219B

high cri ? tint ? 4000K ? PWM ? 10440 ? Blue ?…price ?

group buy >can we get them cheaper /with a BLF logo and in boney colors ?

*If they had a Blue i would have bought one a minute ago …….

I’ve been using my iTP A3 daily for more than 5 years now and using the middle mode was ALWAYS due to heat issues (current too high with a Li-ion).
Every other time I use it the low mode not to wake people up (and I would love it to be dimmer, still have to cover it with my finger sometimes).

So I guess I wouldn’t even miss the medium mode from A01 if the high is usable continuously.

Keep on posting what you are looking for in this light… It is helping with what I am looking for in my review….

I can tell you that medium mode has exceeded factory specs on runtime, going on 8 hours with a Sunbeam brand AAA alkaline, 7.2 H is their spec. I will get more batteries today after work…

And again: there is no such thing like “NICHIA 90 CRI NVSW219C-R9050-SW40”. It’s most likely NVSL219BT-V1 R9050 sw40.

There are no R9050 spec 219C atm, plus sw40 bin would always be a NxSL…, not NxSW…

Anyways, it’s a great LED with great tint and color rendering.

Hate the body. The LED, price and decent modes do it. I’ll grab a few on a group buy.

I thought maybe it was just me not being able to find the information. :open_mouth:

Thanks for posting that! I had thought of posting just what you mentioned, lol.
I get concerned on LED authenticity when I read descriptions like that but since others have mentioned the great tint I guess it was just an honest error.

I’m not to keen on the light’s shape as well. The LED is amazing though, same specs as the HDS 200 HCRI LED from Illumn.

These newer Nichia binned at R9050 (CRI 93 typ) have me really wanting their R9080 version (CRI 95 typ).

Good explanation. Lumens are not linear.

I wish many of my 4 or 5 mode lights had one less medium setting.

I’m banking on ReManG’s subjective opinion that the mode spacing was good. And I’m speculating that would be a minimum 0.5 / 5 / 80 OTF lumens.

Otherwise, if the spacing were REALLY 0.14 / 7 / 102 lumens; then I’d be left with what Boaz said; a true moonlight mode and two usable modes. For what I use my keychain light, that would mean skipping through the first mode and just using the 7 lumen as a low and the 102 lumen as a high. Not the best (for me!), but I could live with that.

And what Boaz alluded to is what would happen if the flashlight were run with a 10440? I would expect it to jump to something like 1 / 20 / 180 lumens. The low and medium modes would be a lot more useful for me. So, that’s my fallback plan if the mode spacing turns out be too low with AAA’s.

Modes: 0.14-7-102 lumens
sounds like the driver in a Thrunite T3, after adjusting for brightness lost to gain CRI

that shows the LED is 4000k, and 91 CRI. Nice!

that’s very helpful, for those of us who like that sort of thing

I received the two I ordered today, but one was DOA. I hope Bang good will give me a refund to PayPal or replace the light.
Jerry

Make a quick video showing one battery in the working light, then take it out and put it in the non working light and screw it down to show it is not working. I have no doubt they will send you a new one…

I finally removed the spring, and cleaned it and around it. It now works, but whenever I change the battery I have to remove the spring and reinstall it. Doesn’t make sense.
Jerry

Been reading the thread hoping for ReManG’s review. Interestingly enough, BG’s got a link to candlelight forum’s review on the product’s webpage (CPF’s review).

Let me know if you guys are doing a group buy. My EDC is currently a Thorfire ts07 on my key chain, but would be willing to give a twisty a try if the price is right.

Sorry, should have posted a link:

It is a very nice little light, and the code ReManGA01 gets it for less than listed price…