---------- Arc of Josiah---------

Some beautiful Machine work on this! looking forward to seeing beam shots. :slight_smile:

It’s just amazing to look at the picture of the raw materials and then later on see what you turned them into. Awesome talent there!

UCLp from Chris, his are the only AR coated lenses I’ve seen that “disappear”!

I think it just needs a handful of rhinestones embedded around the bezel and some gold accents and you can call it done.

Matt, that is SO close to the concept it’s ridiculous! The diamond reflector adds to it that much more, really it’s insane! Well done!

Oh, anodize it gold and fill in with glowing trit vials and the thing is positively epic and due out in a movie near you soon! :wink:

I love all of the contest threads. So much talent and enginuity, new ideas to go with new LEDs.

Agreed Scott, the thinking outside the box really opens up in these challenges. Superbly entertaining. :slight_smile:

Thread has been updated. Here is a little clip about the lens>
Allrighty, time for the final chapter.

First off the reveal on this awesome lens. At this time I must give credit to my beautiful wife since it was actually her idea.

She comes in the shop from time to time to see what I'm up to and when I mentioned to her my difficulty with the super thin UV coated camera lens she said "what about a picture frame shop? They have anti reflective glass".

So I called around and managed to source some. However some shops use what I would call an imitation which basically amounts to a frosted glass that does eliminate glare ("anti glare" vs "Anti reflective" I guess), but actually cost you light rather than improving pass through. This is what I ended up with the first time, but after I called around a bit more I found a shop that said they use "museum glass" which is AR coated on one side and UV coated on the other. He also confirmed the purplish haze like true AR lenses have so I went and got some.

This time with glass in hand I went to a glass shop where they had a circle cutter. The guy did have some trouble cutting the glass ( perhaps because of the coating), but shortly after I left with a pair of lenses just the size and thickness I need.

This happens to be the brand of glass that I got.

http://www.tru-vue.com/products/museum-glass-anti-reflective/

Its not cheap but is worth it IMO. I called Michael's today and they also carry this glass.

Another member here I'm glad I dont live right next door to. You drowned out the neighbors house light into oblivion. An amazing light from an amazing machinist. Well done.

What a nice light. Really nice job you have done there. :beer:

Worship no graven image, he says.
What if it’s burned into my retinas?
No excuses.
Ok, can I just grovel a bit?
No, that’s my perq.
How about if I just walk around bumping into things?
Fine by me, mind that step.

Only a short time left to go!

4 hours to go!

Y’all figure out how to divvy up the prizes, I claim last place with Pride! :slight_smile:

Beautiful job! love the breamshots. :slight_smile:

Very nice. I love that reflector and have yet to build a light around it. Your light is serious business on several levels. Congrats.

Wow! :open_mouth:

Cast your votes here gang.
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/72710#comment-830518

Neat candle mode. Possible to thread the tail so the head becomes a stable base?

Mmmm... Ya, if I had thought of it ahead of time LOL! I suppose I could make another tail cap so that this could be done.