Are my old batteries the cause of disappointing performance from a new 348 Nichia NVSW219BT - V1?

You should like that one. One of the recent “hot” mods is the XP-2 head on the XP-1 body driven by a 10440 :wink:

I love the tiny lights and where I can they get fed 10440’s, but runtimes suffer. NiMh or a primary cell increase runtime but at lower lumens. You can’t have both because these cells are just too small to be able to give you both qualities together.

AA/14500 is where it begins to get good and 18650 really kicks butt in a not-much-bigger-than-that light. I’ll venture a guess that there are as many 18650 lights in use as all the others combined, Try them all and become a Flashaholic like us. Your bank account will suffer but you will smile :smiley:

Phil

At least it’s not like guns. These things are like $5-15 a pop, almost bite-sized! :money_mouth_face: You can burn through that much dough with a single magazine on some firearms.

From what i can tell the heads are the same the only issue you get is with the tail-cap it cant handle the current!

Or a single round of 600 Nitro Express. Your shoulder will feel the high cost too :stuck_out_tongue: But yeah, as long as you don’t buy everything this is a fairly affordable hobby.

Phil

Yes, come to the light side….

These are only $5-15…

You, by no means ever, want a Noctigon Meteor M43, I mean, who NEEDS 6000+ Lumen in a light shorter than a coke can? I mean it costs less than a pistol and can be carried places a pistol can not… On a good lanyard it makes a blinding morning star of a weapon key holder….

It is only a couple of lights… Just keep thinking that…

LOL, we all had that thought process at one time…

Come to the light side……

The Fenix e21 is a great light imho you have to remember it has a very well made somewhat larger reflector and a very throwy emitter …So the lux will be higher and lights with throw always seem brighter than lights with more flood .I still really like the thrunite ti’s we all got deals on a long time ago …they are one of the nicer small 2 mode lights I own . If you want one of the better AAA lights buy a lumintop tool .

I can chime in with some experience on this. I bought several XP-1 and a few XP-2 about a yeat ago. Did my homework and finally stumbled across the head-swap idea. I have two of the XP-1 with XP-2 heads. I’ve been using them on and off for nearly a year now on TF protected 10440s. Those were the only button top 10440 cells I have. They are crazy bright and have had zero problems with the tailcap or anything else. I’d estimate the lumens somewhere around 250-300. Runtime isn’t that long of course but they handle the heat way better than the BLF 348 which I can confirm does get blazing hot way too fast. My only complaint is that like the 348 you only have one mode. Other than that it’s an impressive little pocket rocket and the beam has a nice pattern yet more throw than all the other AAA sized lights I’ve tried.