Are there any modern led flashlights that can be charged without removing batteries?

I assume it’s 3x NiMH in series?
USB charged?

Yes. A Black Diamond light.

I just compared my e4a with my daughter’s new Costco zoomie ($13 she said). Hell, she didn’t even know what she had and was thrilled. I absolutely want a zoomie, just maybe a little more quality. Hers claims 1000 lumens, but zoomed in close it doesnt seem as bright as my e4a. I think it would be hard to compare if both were zoom.

I’m willing to spend what something is worth in quality, but I really like that zoom feature for some things around our 5 acre place. Once, I put a 500 watt flood light out toward the pasture area and these things put it to shame. I don’t know where this led technology is going to go if they can tame the heat problem on the brighter ones.

As for my gift idea, what’s the best, brightest most reliable zoomie out there if thats not too hard a question. I really think he’d love one. Cost is well, a consideration, but…I’d like a really nice one for him.

Rechargeable zoomies that I know of:

1) Wuben LT35 = uses XP-L2 (1200 lumens manufacturer rating), seems to be cool white tint (~6000K?)

2) Convoy BD04 = uses XM-L2 by default, the focus/zoom is a bit small, and the stock version uses 7135x4, thus maxes at around 500+ lumens only (manufacturer rating), I suppose you could ask Simon from the Convoy AliExpress store to equip with 7135x6 or even 7135x8 if need a bit more lumens. Tint is configurable from the Convoy AliExpress store.

One of my co-workers bought this
Anker Flashlight
from Amazon I was impressed,
I wasn’t aware Anker marketed flashlights he did get it for a better price $20 I believe.