Are these knives similar in quality - Spyderco vs Navy

hyde, I know what you mean about being spoiled rotten w/shipping. That I can order something like a lantern for a buck and change, shipped, still just blows me away.

Exduct seems to have cornered a niche market with some of their knives, and can milk it some with their shipping costs. If they weren't so good with all the other aspects of their business, I'd be quicker to write them off. But they really are pretty good overall.

Thats the same thing with me in Canada...

I would have ordered my new Ontario Rat-1 within Canada, but the Canadian store wanted to charge me 17USD for shipping, within Canada! What a rip-off, get real. I know they have to pay for a bubble envelope and their time time, but it costs about $3 postage and $1 for mailer.

So I ordered from Ebay, only $6 shipping from the US to ship to Canada via USPS...and the knife was cheaper.

First post on BLF and it's about a knife, figures. Anyways, That RAT-1 is a big knife and I was very impressed with the quality. Like a previous poster said it locks up solid and feels like a non-folding knife. It's also cool in that you can configure the pocket clip in any direction that you want. It was too big for me though and I gave it to a taller friend. I fell in love with the Spyderco Tenacious and wanted to point out that you can find it on Amazon for 29.41. I don't know if they do super saver shipping for free to Canada or not. I have the Prime deal where they send anything that Amazon stocks in their warehouses within 2 days free (well for $75 a year). http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Tenacious-Handle-Folding-Serrated/dp/B00128UD5Q/ref=sr_1_10?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1314109175&sr=1-10

Welcome to BLF, SunnyRT. Unfortunately there are very few companies willing to regularly ship knives over the boarder from the US to Canada due to customs issues. That "difficulty" becomes a near-impossibility when it comes to Amazon - they have very broad shipping restrictions for sending things internationally. Heck, it's difficult to find a shipper that will reliably ship flashlights over the boarder, much less multitools or knives.

In Canada the cheapest you'll pay for a Tenacious from an online retailer is ~$45 after shipping. You might get lucky and get something cheaper off of eBay (that's where I check first, generally) but it's a reality we have to live with.

Still better than most European nations, though.