Armytek.com: General Information and Questions

they may have made a deal with the devil J)

Maybe; three devils? :smiley:
I chose to order through HKEquipment for the Wizard Pro headlight. Ships HKPost. Not sure if they have the Viking.
Oh, Viking… I ordered one from IS, the V2 model (a ‘meager’ XM-L) for $49.95 on clearance. I will not miss the 100 or so extra lumens that an XM-L2 gives it. Just another option for you.

step stabilization or fully stabilized?

I believe it said step stabilization, similar to the latest v2.5 that JM reviewed. In fact, other than the emitter, I’m not sure what else is different from v2.0 to v2.5. I didn’t do an extensive comparison, but in a quick pass almost everything looked the same except for output.

I just compared Viking V2 to V2.5 (not Pro). Differences are:
Lumens: 750 vs 1010
Spill angle: 60 vs 40 degrees
Runtime (High): 2h35m vs 1h40m
Runtime (Low): 170h vs 155h
All other (non-output related) specs were the same. Based on this, I’m glad I got the V2 instead of the V2.5. I personally prefer the additional spill and run time.

After a really long time of thinking to get Predator I decided not to, too expensive gamble…

Is there an ETA for the Tiara (AA/14500)?

I suddenly fall in love with ArmyTek Partner A1.
I think I shall find another dealer to get lower shipping fee.

LOL…

[quote=relic38]
Maybe; three devils? :smiley:
I chose to order through HKEquipment.quote]

HK equipment really a nice choice, i have many good experience with them.

This product is being developed. There are not exactly terms yet.

There is an option for the products which are out-of-stock:
now it is possible to request to be notified when the product is back in stock.
Please choose the product which is out-of-stock and check the box “Notify me when this product is back in stock”.

Yes, you can change optics in Partner lights but optics used in xml and xpg are with the different size.

Hi Armytek, I just got my Wizard Pro from HKEquipment. An excellent light, my new EDC.
I did notice the lens has an issue though, see the image posted here:

I looks like the AR coating did not apply evenly or completely to the lens. Before anyone asks me to clean it, yeah, I thought of that and it had no effect.
I suspect this is NOT a problem with the Wizard Pro product in general, it is probably just a defect in mine.
I checked out the Service and Warranty page you linked above. It says that returns/refunds are only possible with lights directly purchased through Armytek. What about Warranty issues?
Thanks in advance.

It looks like someone stuck his finger after coating to see is it dry already or not, bummer!!!

OK, this is the second time it has happened in 24 hours.
It just locks up. First I turn it on, then I turn it off. Some time later I press the button, and nothing at all happens. Nothing, not even the red button LED. I have the green button LED disabled.
I have to loosen the tailcap (cut power) for about 10-15 seconds in order to recover. Very strange. I have no method to reproduce this, I just turn it off after using it for a random amount of time and some time later the button has no effect. Tailcap is firmly tightened the entire time.
Is this a feature of some kind, like a hidden lockout mode? I doubt it. Lockout is documented as untwisting the tailcap 1/4 turn.
Looking forward to figuring this one out.
Edit: I’ve found a way to reproduce this fairly consistently. Contacting the service email of Armytek to see about a solution (to this and the AR lens issue).

i see. thank armytek

Did anyone do a full review/beamshots of the Wizard Pro?

Lots of interesting discussion here:

Re: the locking up issue, over at CPF it’s being reported by several owners. Appears to be a problem with many/most units.
I got a response from Armytek that they will repair or replace, but still waiting on how to go about that.
Stay tuned.

Hm, thats interesting, tks. I had my headlamp stolen, and was thinking of purchasing the more spot like version…but maybe I’ll wait…