Armytek Flashlights...Your Opinion?

I have a Wizard Pro and a Viking. Very well built lights that seem to work perfectly. They aren’t really “budget” but they are high quality.

Only regret is not buying the warm tint in the Wizard because I have become a tint snob. Lol.

I have a wizard pro, V1.5 I think. It’s the XM-L2 wide optic version. I’ve used this for work daily(electrician) since buying it. It has worked flawlessly for me and has been dropped many times from upto 10ft off the ground and has been in the washing machine.

The anodising is chipping off in many places from being dropped and carried in my pocket with screws and bits and pieces. I think this light will last many more years, I must have 5 years now.

Great light :smiley:

I have used that defective Prime C2 of Trevilux in continuous turbo mode on multiple times until the exhaustion of the unprotected Panasonic 3400 and has not caused any problem by the heating. It still works like the first day. As it gets terribly hot I hold it with the clip on a metal bracket or wrapped in a wet gauze.

I currently use an XML2 Wizard in the same way because its angled form seems more practical to me.

I use them in turbo for more than 30 minutes frequently. In my opinion Armytek is an unrivaled brand in terms of regulation.

I also have two Predator Pro and they are great. One of them carries a 219c.

These are my friends and I playing with the Wizard in the intensive care unit.

I have a Predator pro v3 XHP35HI.
With a Samsung 30Q it is slightly overthrow Klarus XT12GT XHP35 HI with it’s original battery.
No any dark spot issues.
I’m using it at work, hands often covered in oil. It’s not slip, but always dirty. Difficult to clean, it is not enough just to wipe it.
The bad things are:

1. Price - overpriced.
  2. Tail cap switch is not tight at all, do no need much effort to put it on, but as knob is popping out there is no protection from accidental turning on. I hold it in the back pocket and quite often it’s turning on when I’m sitting. Switch is not firmly, modes sometimes jumping over, not sure is tail cap switch or because it is loose for 1/8 turn.
  3. UI - stupid idea to twist the light to access modes. Two hand operation. No chance to program it without manual. You need to twist it quickly 15 times to access programming! What a madness. Manual is not accurate. Sometimes I have strobe and I really happy when it’s gone again. There is no one word about it in manual.

This is my first and I think the last Armytek.

I should add that I use the Wizard Pro XHP-50 quite often. It’s a warm tint, with a honeycomb-like diffusion panel TIR. I use it when taking the trash down to the road every Thursday night. I also carry and use multiple flashlights, but since I am constantly modding the lights I “test” on my walk, I use the head light as a constant, in case a fresh build fails or something.

It does work, the UI is a bit funky and I forget how to access different modes but I usually use it in the low set, about medium of 3 modes in that lower group, so it works out ok.

It’s a bit scarred now, from taking it apart, but then so am I so big deal right?

Dale, I use the second group on mine 90% of the time. Almost never use the highest turbo mode. It gets hotter than I feel comfortable with. I mostly use mine for closeup work so turbo is just blinding anyway.

Hello, does anyone have this model? how is it? regards!