Australia Based Deals / Info / Links / Discussion

I think in single form they are cells but in this format its a battery but i use cells as i am talking about each single cell. Some what interchangeable terms.

I’ve always thought cells was a term used by everyone other than Aussies!

And electronics nerds lol if i was to talk to another electronics enthusiasts and use the wrong term I’d hear about it lol like on eevblog.

If you walked into a shop that wasn’t jaycar and asked for cells they wouldn’t know what frig was happening.

Same as us saying flashlight but seeing as we are the minority here its easier to say flashlight instead of torch.
Ask for a flashlight locally get sent to a sex shop lol :smiley:

Corrected :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice. Been chasing an Aldi pack since I got the torch bug

Ok, no one volunteered so I purchased 4 x HG2 and they seem legit. Pump out same lux in a Q8 as VTC6 and Lii-500 tests ok. 11 days shipping

There is a thread saying all the Liitokala cells are fake on Aliexpress?.

These came via ebay seller linked above. Tests ok both current/lux in Q8 and capacity by Lii500 test

Yea but they are branded Liitokala can you take a pic of the positive terminal?

I’ll check it out tonight. In the meantime, ThorFire C8s discount posted on ozbargain Thorfire C8S Flashlight with 18650 Battery and Charger $27.99 + Delivery (Free with Prime/ $49 Spend) @ Thorfire Amazon AU - OzBargain

Is the lionheart in ozbargain link above @lionheart_2281 in this thread?

Sure is

Good to know. How are you associated with ThorFire?

They get me to review their lights and if I think they are any good I put deals up on OzB for them

Gotcha :+1:

The LG’s and some Panasonics I got earlier:

No doubt most of you Aussies know by now that the government have slapped the 10% GST on online overseas purchases as well.
I bought a small $8 item on eBay 2 weeks ago and even had to pay an extra 80 cents. Hardly worth worrying about, but when you start buying more expensive goods it does add to the price. Today I spent over $100 on Banggood and got slugged with an extra $11.

Good or bad, it’s not up to me to decide whether this will give local merchants a fairer deal, or benefit the country by increased revenue.
I’m concerned how the government is going to recoup this tax from the overseas sellers. How do they keep track of millions of transactions paid for by different methods to thousands of vendors.
I’m sure it wouldn’t be difficult for the overseas merchants to use some creative accounting to keep most of the money.

Gerry Harvey, from Harvey Norman has been mouthing off for years and years to bring this tax in, but it’s because of dodgy companies like his that make people look for alternatives online. I avoid shopping at Harvey Norman at all costs, because of very poor customer service, false advertising, “used car” type salespeople and generally overpriced goods.

Hey lads this is a good price if you need some where to plug your 1000 chargers in lol.

Belkin 6 Outlet 2 USB Surge Protector Power board $17.90 at Bunnings its usually $47.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/belkin-6-outlet-2-usb-surge-protector-powerboard_p4420417

Hey Everyday

Thanks for that - it will be very handy
I will get my A$$ down to Bunnings and get one or two

Thanks for the tip, Everyday
I think they are selling fast…

I rushed down to my nearest Bunnings, but they were sold out even though their website said they had stock.
They told me which other stores had some left and I scurried to another store and managed to get the last 2 on the shelf.
This will save me looking for USB chargers around the house all the time for phones, tablets etc.
I have plenty of USB cables lying around.

Thanks everydaysurvivalgear.

Seems like every stores are sold out but I was lucky to snatch the last 3 from Bunnings in Thornleigh :slight_smile:

Hey lads Aldi has the 4amp hour battery packs coming up for special buys in a week or so. They might be worth buying to pull apart and score the 10 samsung 18650s inside. Works out cheaper than buying the cells individually.
They are 4 USD at IMRbatteries
https://www.imrbatteries.com/samsung-20r-18650-2000mah-22a-flat-top-battery/