[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

Does anyone know how long til blue is available? Might get one for my niece. And hopefully I’ll get at least one :slight_smile:

Any waterproofing in these? Handy but not necessary.

Same as my Fenix CL05 “liplight”. After a serious stretch of time the light gets really dim, but it will not start up after you have turned it off. Apparently the cell’s are so far depleted that they don’t catch a second breath. As a matter of speaking. So treat them as old soldiers: they will never die, they just fade away.
Maybe the “joule thief” needs some Vf to start working, after that it will “pump up” the leftovers in the battery.

yes

yes

yes read the last couple pages, and
yes

Isn’t there a couple of blue ones sold already?

About the waterproofing, this light is very waterproof: two o-rings in the right places (one around the led in a groove) prevent water entering, even if water comes in the head is fully potted, and even without the potting and the flashlight housing the internals are fully functional for hours under water I found.

Glad you’re enjoying them. Nice pictures, too!

Yes, they are still Yuji’s. The first ~2000 produced should be with Yuji’s. Sofirn may eventually produce a higher power version with a Luminus SST-20.

No updates from Sofirn on the colored versions, but there should be more coming soon.

They are waterproofed and tested in 2 meters of water. Even more interesting, djozz decided to test one of the prototypes disassembled and with most of the potting removed and it ran for several hours in regular tap water, with the only issue apparently being gradual corrosion of the exposed components.

Blue is available right now. Jump on it quickly, before they run out of stock again.

I am no expert, but there are numerous factors to consider. Single mode vs multi mode, complexity of circuit, VF of the LED etc.

I think it should be obvious leaving a flashlight vs turning it off when the battery is fresh is just wasting power. With multi mode lights at a certain point, no matter how low the first level is, it will refuse to turn back on. A light like the Fenix E01 will take a battery that a Thrunite Ti3 rejected and light up with no problem.

I get the same error message, even though all 4 combinations are currently in stock.

Anybody experiencing the same? or know what to do?

Same thing here!! Price was adjusted but when I go for payment it says the item is no longer available… :zipper_mouth_face:

All colors & tints avaiable at 05:50 USA Central time.

My order from a couple of days ago was adjusted & payment went smoothly. As far as I know anyway…… :smiley:

In case anyone is wondering, here is what Ali currently reports as available:

Black 3200K - 32 pieces
Black 5600K - 35 pieces

Blue 3200K - 38 pieces
Blue 5600K - 36 pieces

Red 3200K - 36 pieces
Red 5600K - 40 pieces

I will be reducing those numbers slightly in a moment. :smiley:

Since I still got that error message even though everything’s back in stock I canceled my order and started a new one. Let’s see if this will work…

14:24 and Heck black ONLY…. if they’re selling out that quickly…they’ll be making more.

Streamer, the colored ones are on a different page. Go in the search window and enter “Sofirn C01”, no quotes, and you will see the other page for red/blue. They are still there.

OHHHHH….THANKS HONDO !! Feel dumb as ya know what… :blush:

Here are the links for people trying to buy the Black, and the Red and Blue Sofirn C01

black
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sofirn-C01-BLF-Special-Mini-LED-Flashlight-AAA-Twisty-High-94-CRI-Yuji-LED-keychain-Flashlight/32952525303.html

Red and Blue
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sofirn-C01-BLF-Special-Mini-LED-Flashlight-AAA-High-94-CRI-Yuji-LED-keychain-Flashlight-Hat/32967363356.html

I have no info on discounts, I just click and pay full price.

Hey guys, I missed out on the blue and red versions of this light I am on interest list. How did you guys get yours? I own a lot of Sonfirn lights? Funding is always available.

Click on the link mentioned in the post above yours & have at it… if the combination you want is in stock. If not, check back until they are.
If you want the discount, message the seller & wait until the price is adjusted before you pay.
That’s about it. :+1:

What’s the discounted price, when it’s applied?

I thought I’d prefer the warm emitter, but in fact I like the neutral white one better.

Is there a runtime graph for a Energizer Lithium cell?
Last the C01 longer with an Energizer vs. Alkaline?