[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

I had a dream last night that someone sent me one of these, but it was powered by multiple super small NiCd batteries in series. :confounded:

25 days from order to in my greasy paws for my red and blue 3200k versions. Very nice.

All I would take issue with is this: Why such a hideous, cheap looking font?

mine was 6 weeks im sure to London.
yes, that fontā€™s outdated mate.

NiCd? Sounds like a nightmare!

You can navigate and you can do your every night things :wink:

But I always wander, why xxxx lumens what run seconds or couple minutes or why flashlights what I can hand hold max couple of minutes.

Thatā€™s a horrible nightmare, sbslider! Did you wake up screaming?

I definitely woke up puzzled. Most of the dream was trying to find a way to charge the NiCd batteries, I never did get there.

Very Helpful!
Thanks for confirming that the black have the nice almost no hotspot beam

I want to get rid of the hotspot on my red and blue, so I tried 600 grit on the red 3200k firstā€¦ barely noticeable changeā€¦ Caused a 15% drop in lumens, but still too much hotspot for me.
left before, right after sanding:

I plan buy some 400 grit and try again.

Huh? Somehow I never got notified that this light got released, even though I was on the interest list. Is there a discount coupon available?

It has been available for over a month. It was announced in the thread. Place order but do not pay. Instead message seller and ask them to adjust the price for BLF Group buy. Tell them your BLF user name.

Wait for the price adjustment, it takes from 15 minutes to 2 days. When you receive the email that price has been adjusted, then you pay.

Thanks, teacher!

Links and details are at the top of the first post.
The difference between full price and BLF-discount at this moment is just a dollar, so if you are impatient you could just skip waiting for the discount (I just did that when buying two blue ones).

My pleasure Pete, hope all works well. :+1:

Sofirn asked to pay 2,5 $ per driver. Slightly expensive, but take in mind that it is an item not listed in their Aliexpress store and they are doing me the favour of selling

C01 Order arrived / 1 x Red 5600K / 3 x Blue 5600K / 2 x Red 3200K

Order Date:2018-12-31 05:11
Received Date:2019-1-29 11:40

29 days , order to delivery. Slowest yet.

All in good condition & work as they should.
All clips are as they should be.

Iā€™m ok with that price for a few loose drivers.

I inquired about the drivers, and received one followup asking how many Iā€™d like to buy, but after I replied to that, I didnā€™t receive any further response. I havenā€™t asked again, because itā€™s not a high priority for me.

Have you received the drivers yet?

Itā€™s a nice toy light and the led produces beautiful colors but both its overall output and hotspot brightness are insufficient for most purposes. Even my smartphoneā€™s LED is way brighter and even has more flood.

The difference being that this thing consumes significantly less power, and is much smaller.

It was not designed to be brighter, floodier, or to compete with your cell phone. It was designed to be what it is.

As always, sufficiency for most purposes is user-dependent. The majority of my flashlight use is the level of the C01 or lower.

I spend a lot of time at moonlight mode. I know I will get a lot of use out of these, because I got a lot of use out of a nearly identical Sunwayman R01A that I put a Yuji inā€¦until it died from a drop, which is why I was very excited to see Sofirnā€™s drop test of the C01.

But I definitely recognize that other people have little to no use for a light of this type, aside from enjoying the beautiful light it produces, or stashing away in some convenient place for as a backup for bigger lights. I hope everyone who has been ordering these lights has recognized from the start they are low output.