Balder SE-1 or Xeno E03? (Both are within a couple bucks of each other and both are now Xml so- which to get?)

Well, the cheapest you can get it right now is from hkequipment and you can make an offer to get it a little lower:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XENO-Tiger-E03-v2-Cree-XM-L-T6-Flashlight-Torch-Red-/220808309923?pt=AU_Sport_Camping_Hiking_Lamps_Torches&hash=item3369336ca3#ht_2217wt_1270

They are selling all colors at that price.

USA buyers are best just to go through Tactical HID at $33 shipped. Although I'm not thrilled with his international drop-shipping order process and communication. From what I hear domestic ordering is fantastic though.

Most of the tactical lights do not stand!

Personally I prefer the Balder CW I´ve got over my Xeno NW.

I kinda EDC the Balder and the Xeno have almost only seen drawertime since the Balder arrived...

I have the Balder XP-E too, a really great pocket thrower.

The momentary on, the clip and the bodyshape with the smaller diameter middle on the Balder is what makes me prefer it.

The Xeno has the upper hand when it comes to fit and finish though...

Folks, Im looking for some nice single AA/double AA pocket thrower with best efficiency, which one seems to be better, Xeno or Balder? I dont want to spend much on a flashlight given that return shipping in case of failure is too much so <20$ AA flashlight would be much better, yet Xeno design looks like it fits perfectly into ones hand, almost like its meant to blend with your hand!

So how is it, or should I go for Klarus ST20, thats one sexy beast, I tell ya!

Im gonna do some more research in coming weeks and see if some new lights are released after SHOT show and then start a new thread to get some help from you, pros ;)!

Wait for us to receive the Klarus P1A (which is a slightly nicer clone of the Jetbeam BA10). With 14500's they are all throwers ;)

Make up your mind what's most important to you. Price? Features? Thrower? Versatility and flexibility? Built quality and ruggedness? Tailstand? Clip? Looks? If price doesnt matter, than (any) Quark is always a perfect start or reference point. If price matters, i mean *really* matters, then get the cheaper of the two, Balder vs. Xeno. (i have the Xeno not the Balder, but i prefer my Quark .. and that's why i had begun a review of it).

Fenix E21 will throw the most (2xAA only, XP-E). With $5 off you can get it for $27 (and if you have DD for much less :bigsmile: ). The other one (2xAA) could be Klarus P2A/JB BA20 (XP-G both). All three has excellent efficiency.

As for Xeno or Balder... I think Xeno has better efficiency/better driver, but, if I remember well, Balder is brighter with NiMh (and Xeno is brighter with li-ion). At least regards to XM-L version, don't know about XP-G version (but I'm almost sure those differences will be the same because the driver is the same for all versions... or not? :| )

BTW, I would suggest you Romisens from Brian @Shiningbeam. Cheaper but still well made and with relatively big reflector.

UPDATE: forgot to add Klarus P1A/JB BA10 :bigsmile: (1xAA lights)

Can the Klarus P1A take 14500?

Have I know the Jetbeam BA10 can take 14500.

Yes, the Klarus P1A can :)

Company info.

Both BA10 and P1A go over into direct mode and lose their mode functionality. not good ;)

Thanks for some info, but Im strictly into Eneloops :D

Will check those lights out, but mostly Im in for most bang for the buck, after all this place IS called BLF for a reason :D!

AFAIK, JB BC10 doesn't lose "low" mode with 16340. Hope P1A will not lose it's low mode :O

Was going to buy that but they discounted the Jetbeam first.

In low mode it pulls 0.45 and high mode over 1.65amps.

Sorry, Matt, are you talking about BC10 or P1A?

i dunno bout the BC10. i was talking about BA10 (and P1A). jetbeam? who wants jetbeam? wrong forum!!

This is BFL!!!

From selfbuilts review. With 16340, low mode is almost as bright as Hi with CR123 :bigsmile:

Both the jetbeam BA10 and BC10 pull about 0.5amps on lowand 1.65amps on high with 14500 and rcr123 batteries.

I normally use them in low mode when using these batteries.

i thought that this is the Xeno and Balder thread?

i maybe dreamin' :love:

So low mode is available with 14500 in BA10? Yeeeaahhh :P Hope P1A has the same driver :)

Yup, sorry for offtopic messages :innocent:

alguien no pueda esperaaal :bigsmile:

tomemono :beer: haze falta bestanta :~

( how d'ya like my Spanish ggg. tryin to be funny ;) )

Jaja, me parece que soy demasiado viejo para tu spanglish :bigsmile: Pero se entiende bien, no problemo :cool:

Y sí, no puedol esperal mas :P Unas cañas? :beer: