Bandgood asking me to cancel PayPal claim to claim refund

Here’s the email.

So they just refunded me via the PayPal claim which automatically closed the claim. Money is now in my PayPal. So much for their system ‘blocking the refund’.

No surprise there.

Hello Sir,

This is Swi from Banggood.com, can you PM your order number and E-mail address to me? i will check what happened. Thank you!

Best Regards,
Swi

A response like this is honestly the best thing this thread could have gotten. I work for a major electronics retailer in a very specialized services segment. The worst thing I can hear from customers when there is an issue is “I don’t know who I talked to.” I can’t coach someone on how to handle an issue if I don’t know who made the mistake.

A rep asking for more info on the order means that said rep wants to fix the issue. I recently had an issue with an order lost in shipping and was pleased with how banggood handled it.

Yay for Swi!

Been there. Obviously you know by now, it is Their problem, not yours. Forget that order, and place another one. You will probably end up with 2 items. They will ask you to send back one if you do get two. My response to the please send one back: “yeah, I am on that”. Never heard again. It is just very simple with me, 40 days and my order has not arrived, I file a claim, then place another order. lol
I don’t care what their response is.
Now, I have been ordering from them for years, and I have almost Zero expectations at this point. I am partly convinced they don’t want the product to arrive until the claim period has expired. That way if you are not satisfied, product is damaged, bogus description or totally wrong item, you can’t file. But, that is a guess, who really knows. I have seen all kinds of strange items in my shipment that I didn’t order. Vice versa, things I ordered missing and so on.
Otherwise, they have been fairly decent to deal with and I will continue to buy from them. Sounds stupid right? It is. lol Well, personally, if it is a sub $20 item, and things go wrong, it typically isn’t worth my time to screw with and chase or send emails, videos or pictures. Maybe that is the game? It is rare things go real bad it is typically something minor.

What is the difference between the “60 days” that these companies are insisting many wait…versus Paypal’s deadline for opening a claim?

I ask this due to:

1) not trusting tracking info in the first place if it doesn’t originate from an actual shipping company that can be trusted (who knows whether some of this tracking info is even legitimate)

and

2) my dealings recently with items ‘claimed’ to be shipped (already) which indeed never were (not light related).

Just messaged you. Thanks.

…not sure why one would open a PayPal complaint if (apparently) there is indeed no limit on when said complaint could be filed…

There is a limit of 180 days from purchase date for filing a dispute with Paypal.

The way I look at problems with sellers is I give the seller a chance to act in a responsible manner. Familiarize yourself with the sellers process. BG and GB usually want photo proof of the issue, s if I file a complaint with them I send photos right there at the beginning. I file a Paypal dispute when it seems the seller is trying to wiggle out of fair treatment.

Got a response today, basically no worries, options are either 1) reship the part, 2) get GB points, 3) refund back to the card.

Would no doubt cost them more in postage than the part’s worth, so I picked #3. That was nice of them.

Banggood website says they will reply within 24 hours after i make a complaint. It’s already past that 24 hour mark since i contacted them because of my recently received defective flashlight. Well, that’s not a good commitment. :frowning:

It’s sad that with these dirty tactics banggood still has our business. It doesn’t matter if it’s only one person doing this, the actions of that one, describes the practices of the whole.

I think we need to have stickied, threads for suppliers in which links to complaints like this are posted.

It happens with all the different sites it seems. I’ve had issues here. Some with GearBest. Others will swear never had a issue with either. Same with ft and the other one. Some have harder times with GB I’ve been lucjg so far. But I understand my day may come I might not be so lucky with them. I may give bangood another chance in the future. What I’ve found out helps if you mention in the ticket you are a blf/etc member and will be keeping the forum informed on the customer service received on this issue

Thanks for the info and I agree with the concept.
You either (can) work with people or you don’t do business with them.
If that attitude had been prevalent here in the U.S.?
Many (large) companies wouldn’t have ever succeeded (especially with the advent of the internet0 due to their devil-may-care attitude towards both their employees and customers.
“Hopefully’ a brand new attitude will be spawned by the promises made yesterday as true growth and opportunity only arise from leadership willing to speak the truth for any length of time.

I gave them a chance, they said wait 7 more days, I did. Had I followed their process I would have lost my money.

Well, it is your right to voice out your complaint / claim via paypal as intermediary. From thereon, every process in your complaint is well documented and you have an assurance if somethings does not goes out well, paypal is at your back, just make sure you have a valid and genuine claim. Well, paypal will investigate the matter, I hope everything turns out well with my complain too… :slight_smile:

What was the conclusion after talking to Swi?

Aside from the OP, I also had a claim with banggood regarding an xt12gt with factory defect, Swi said that he already referred me to someone who will do a follow-up on my claim. Well, It’s been taking days to get an action so I lodged a dispute via Paypal so that everything is documented and well taken care of. Banggood has until Feb 16 to settle and make a resolution before the dispute will be escalate as I already provided evidences (videos and shipping label).