Banned on CPF - WTF?

Just a little update: I am now permabanned.

I went back to the thread where I got banned in the first place and called out the mod (yes, this time I actually did call someone out) for bringing up a thread (the automotive lighting thread) from over a year ago. I explained that it was obvious that I was joking and the mod has no sense of humor. I made the suggestion that they use their mod powers to make a "I'm just messing with you" font.

Not only did I get permabanned, they completely deleted the thread so that no one else could see the mods in action.

Good riddance I say. I never liked surefire anyways.

I can't access their servers. Is it going down again?

KLowD9x = My hero!

The thing is, the sentiment there is almost like you have to post like there's a hierarchical structure and the little peons must post as if we're bowing down to the King. That's the feeling I get most of the time. It's that hierarchical sense of fear - be ready to be snuffed with the slightest offense to royalty.

Awesome

being on a few rc forums there is the same thing and ive been baned from afew from using the words like clones and good in the same sentice and sugesting sellers to do more testing and so on.

its easy to upset the diehard brand fans with a torch that does the same thing for 100 usd less, im on cpf but like it here better, i see the atitude come through in alot of post. i like blf the best and found more usful info on here there is a more broad range of lights, people and info hats off to blf and its members

on here im not afriad to say i actualy like trustfire lights and i use trustfire flame batteries and did any one notice that www.solarforce.hk ends in .hk

Congratulations!

Theirs only one level higher than the ass-baiter.

That't the coveted master-baiter!

Permabanned ! how the heck .... wow ...

I have been on many forums up to this date. Some general chatter, some hobby related, cars, science etc.

Gotta say that when I started browsing & using some random US based forums I was baffled...

It´s like going back in time with freedom of speech and opinion, happily not all of them are a like but many. Mention something NOT made in US of A with Pride and there you go... I have no local reference whatsoever of this kind of intolerant behavior so first I was really amazed about this. In here there are very few, maybe none commercially oriented forums, it´s hard to get people off with things like in CPF or other places. Ban or delete? No way...

Censorship of that kind can get shitstorm going on here. I remember a case where forum members tracked down a criminal trader, he offended some users, moderation got scared about some offending posts and removed some = tons of shit, flood, public humiliation of moderators, personal data & pics photoshopped, backups being posted etc. links to independent mirror sites and forums to discuss further...

Now, after seeing some places including CPF, well, what can I say. Somehow reminds me what the internet was like maybe about 10+ years ago, not sure why but feels like it.

Freedom of opinion and speech is very highly defended here and I don´t mean to offend anyone by saying that or anything above.

To me it just seems more like a bunch of kids. It reminds of the Apple vs MS debates you see in any comment section of an article about a product from either of those two companies. I'm sick of the fanboy crap (seriously... trendy, consumer electronic gadgets?) and the constant arguing and belittling. Why would anybody want anything other than Apple?! Why would anybody want a flashlight not made by Surefire?!!! And I don't blame either of those companies; it's the consumers who take it too far.

Ok, so have I just noticed this? Or is it new? I wanted to make sure to save the picture in case it went away.

I think this qualifies as ass-baiting lol

Indeed.

It's been there at least since their big crash because that was when I first noticed it. I've got the forum homepage bookmarked instead of their URL root, so I don't usually see that message. I thought it was kind of funny to throw "friendliest" in there. I do think the excessive moderation there results in a "family-friendly" website perhaps, but that isn't exactly the same as "friendly".

after making a post of the price of the callie kustoms batteries no offence great battery but it is to much for my budget i got this message

but ive had the same avatar for ages now but it was only just picked up on today lols

They're like big brother. If you don't cooperate they will always find a way to ban you. Or if they can't they'll make one.

post your avatar?

ok ill admit the avator might be a bit much and i did not mean it to be racist i just found it funny and maybe suited how i might of felt about some people that might of been on there.

i have nothing against japanese

I don't think racism was the primary concern. LOL

That place is such a joke. Heck I got banned for posting pictures. Said I was hotlinking. I still think how fricking ignorrant was the person that gave it this term. Posting pictures is not hotlinking. They are my pictures and they come from an image hosting site that I am a registered member with. Photobucket.com or hunt101.com it don't matter. Both are image hosting sites.

And when I post pictures I usually always post just the picture so that is all you see. Hotlinking to me would be posting a link to a picture that leads to other crap that you see once you click on the link.