Bargain tip

Thanks to xrayboy, the 10 flashlights I ordered from WSdeal have shipped. I have 8 pilot friends that are not flashaholics but are very interested. Although they will need to invest about $18 for batteries and a charger, they are willing to do this for the free flashlight I am offering them. Now the fun begins all over again.
Cheers!

Cool......

Yeah, we should really emphasize this: thumbs up to focalprice/wsdeal for keeping their word!

I was beginning to wonder as I got the tracking number on Monday and no sign of it in the HKP system. It finally appeared as being processed for onwards delivery from HK today. From experience it is usually a bit over a week from when I see this till it arrives. Here's hoping anyway.

Still awaiting shipment :(

EDIT:
Shipped today :D

I put my order in on the 18th right before the price rise and have just received notification that it has been sent.
Was kind of hoping they would cancel it as now I have to buy some Li-Ions and a charger.

My Scottish blood would not let me pass up a bargain.

I received my package this morning. These things were an absolute steal considering what I paid for them. All 10 copies were consistent in quality, finish and performance. The LED's were surprisingly well centered but not absolutely perfect. Finish is a 9/10 and appears to be HAII. Machining is also 9/10 and nearly flawless. Each torch was placed in a bubble wrap sock and then slipped into a plain white box. Some of the boxes were a bit crunched, but that appears to have happened in the shipping department and not while in transit. Still, nothing was damaged or scratched. The packaging isnt fancy but certainly suitable enough for a gift. All lights worked right out of the box and produced nice bright concentrated spot beams. They produce enough ambient spill to see where you're going without having to take the spot beam off your target down range. I wasn't at all expecting this usable spill from the side beam, and its a most welcome surprise! Some throwers concentrate all their light downrange and leave you in the dark so you cant see what's immediately in your peripheral vision or around you... but not this one. The pills in all my examples are of a heavy copper/brass material that screws into the silver part of the host body. This thing is quite heavily heatsinked for a cheapie light and should work great as is, or for future mods where higher amperage may be required. The clicky switch sits countersunk between two crenulated rises on the tail cap, to which there is a descent quality lanyard attached. It will tail stand if a careful attempt is made to balance it, but it isn't very stable and will easily tip over. Balance and weight feel very comfortable in my average size hands and does not appear top heavy to me when held near the front. The aluminum reflectors are small works of art (for the price) and appear concentric, highly polished and well focused. The customary "Cree rings" we often see in XR-E powered lights with SMO reflectors are about average and can only really be noticed on white walls. Even then, its not to noticeable for me, considering the brilliant white spot in the center beam which draws my attention. IMO, the overall appearance of this light is outstanding, with the polished silver middle portion of the body adding a very handsome and functional addition to the overall look and usefulness of the light. There's nothing worse than a light that runs hot and cooks itself (and you) within 15 minutes of use. You wont find that happening with this light. The tame rounded crenulations on the bezel are a nice addition that wont threaten your pockets. It will fit tail first into my pants pocket and can also easily fit in a jacket side or breast pocket. The modes appear evenly spaced (high, medium, low) with the low mode giving a true lower setting than most other lights of similar nomenclature in my collection.

Even after the price correction, its still a steal at the current going rate and I highly recommend it. Keep in mind that you can save big with combined shipping, and the cheapest rate offered in my order was EMS shipping, so I received my package 9 days after ordering. After shipping, I paid $7.97 per light, which will soon find their way into the hands of friends who will definitely use them.

Enjoy your lights!

Congrats on being brave enough to order ten. I only ordered 2, since I was expecting the orders to get cancelled or some sort of cheap light to be sent as a substitute.

Cool, glad they made it too you safely and you were able to get them at the steal deal, take a pic if you can.

A very good description FlashPilot! Completely agree.

I should add that this flashlight has no memory and always begins with the high mode.

(What for me is an advantage ... more tactical.) I'm glad you enjoyed.

Alfred,you can take photos of the our review (first post)

Cool cant wait for the review to post up.....

Click the link to see my MRV slide show. Tongue out

http://s616.photobucket.com/albums/tt248/BoiseVette/MRV/?albumview=slideshow

Beautiful pics there FlashPilot! 8)

Thanks for the compliments guys. I tried to get some beam shots last night but my camera had a hard time of it. It looks like I need to buy a tripod now. More stuff for the hobby... Laughing

As I mentioned before, this torch not only throws a good amount of light downrange, It also produces enough spill to light up the area immediately around you. I was concerned about this because I bought these lights as gifts for others - and didn't want them to get stuck with a light that fills only "the light saber role". This does that well, but it also has some peripheral flood spill to light up what is immediately around you.

My first victim receives his torch today... thus, a new flashaholic is born. (Poor bastard!) Wink

Awesome pics man, guess i should have jumped on the bandwagon with the rest of you guys.Cry

For those that purchased this light, can you please see if any of your other lights (or parts) can be added to this light to comfortably allow for 2 x 18650 protected batteries? I went through all my 18650 lights and none of the parts would allow me to do this without cross threading or improper lengths. I would like to mod one of these for a MC-E or SST50 and with a different driver. I think the host should work well since it is so heavily heatsinked. If you find a combo that fits, just remember not to turn your light on because it might blow the driver in that configuration.
Thanks for your help!

Arrived today. Impressed. Will get some indoors numbers soonish - not enough darkness at this time of year till I'm on holiday and can stay up till 2am or thereabouts.

I'm starting to wonder if mine are even going to show up. Cry It was supposedly to have shipped on June 20. When was yours shipped? Did you pay $5.10 for yours?

Same day - but it didn't appear on the HK post tracking site for ages. It appeared in the tracking system on Friday and left HK on Friday night so I wasn't expecting it till this weekend at the earliest.

The lights are smaller than I thought from the pictures. Thus far, I'm impressed with the one i took out to play with test.

Yes, $5.10 each plus shipping.

Hopefully mine arrives soon. Frown