Battery snob

eagletac also makes 16340 which i have 4 of that have been good so far…

they do well up to 1.4a but havent tested higher

im using 2x in my dereelight dbst xre

Nah,not a snob by any means I myself won't roll the dice with crapfire batteries anymore.Keepower and I.O's batteries are most of my batteries,the others are AW and Redilast and 1lonely trustfire flame which is soon to be obsolete in my collection.I read battery reviews by HKJ here and base my buys on his reviews,so I know if what I'm getting is a good product.

I had Trustfire Flame 3000mah batteries with a hologram and they did a horrible job. IIRC one was 400 mah and one was around 2000.

You sound like a smart shopper to me. All my new cells are going to be Keeppower from Kumabear, but I have some other good cells now:

Callie's Kustoms
Xtar
Hi-Max
Solarforce
AW
King Kong

I do have a few Trustfire Flame 3000mAh from MF that I will hang onto though, as they are the only protected cells that will fit in a couple of lights I own. Those Keeppowers are real fatboys...

That's a matter of opinion, and ONLY if you manage to get the real deal.

Too many here have been burned by the fake TFs by multiple vendors. The gamble isn't worth the risk for those willing to pay $2 more for guaranteed quality.

+1. Just not worth the risk for such a small amount of money.

You know you're really a battery snob when you care about the color of the tint on the battery cover

Sanyos and Panasonics

lots of laptop pulls

18350/14500 /16340 lmrs from bestinone /efest

Same here, mostly good Japanese cells.
…just got a nitecore 14500 and its fabulous. Fabulous! Will order the 16340 too.

But I like the real Trustfire flames, I have some 3 year old 2400, they are ideal for crappy lights which would burn if I put a better cell in them… And they are short for protected ones
I have ordered a pair of TF flames 3000 on fast tech, since it seems they are good and I wanted them forever but was afraid of the clones. I like batteries with fire in their name and a cool holographic wrap.
I got fake trustfire unprotected 14500 from the tmarts blackfridaydeal for under 1$, and they are not worth it even if it was just a dollar.

Fast tech prizes make fun. :party:

Xtar 2400, Xtar 2600, Sanyo 2600, King Kong and some xxxFire

I think you’re making a smart move. I retired my considerable number of *fire batteries after my 14500 explosion. Retired ALL of them. Only name brand or reliable tested pack pulls from now on.

In fact, i was thinking of selling or giving away my *fire batts on BLF. They all seem to work fine. Then I thought how would I feel if a *fire blew up on someone.

They’re now sitting in a box in my shed, a long ways from my house, until I decide what to do with them.

Are they Trustfire Flames? If so give them away

I’m working on upgrading, I have some keeppower 3400mah that I love, they give both the current and run time I want, for cell fussy hosts I have Samsung unprotected 2800mah, their flat top, but work with anything with a spring. I am now sticking to Panasonics, Samsung’s and sanyos, my collection is small, learn from others mistakes is a wise move. Any ultra/trustfires have slid to the back of the drawer. My 26650’s will just be more king Kong inr orders.

Budget lights are fine, budget batteries could be catastrophic.
I shake my head when I hear people discussing the great price they got on some crappy 14500, when for two bucks more they could of bought an AW.

i bought a 14500 off ebay for 1.97… and i got…. 1.97 worth of battery… 4 months later its dead lol.

Where to buy those cheap aws?
I have a soshine LiFe on order just because I was curious if it is good.

I tend to agree. I use and have used several ???fire and old laptop batteries and have never had any issues.

+1, I’m having much better consistency with laptop cells than any __Fire cells so far.