BEAMSHOTS - Jax Z1 - MT-G2 with FET Driver Build

Ah, sorry to hear that! Unfortunately, I don’t have any information to help you. The black metal plate on mine just unscrewed with some needle nose tweezers and the pill unscrewed with some circlip pliers. There wasn’t any resistance on either of them…

Updates in the OP

I made a few extra little tweaks tonight, and hopefully I will have some time to put it all together tomorrow morning.

The light is functioning! Details are in the 1st post.

Beamshots?

How is that dremel drill press working for you? I have been tempted to buy one

Beam shots tonight. It is only lunchtime here at the moment.

I have only used it twice now and it was worked great so far. Really the only reason I bought it was for drilling holes 1.6mm holes into pills so I could tap M2 threads in them to hold stars down. So for that it’s ideal because I am using small drill bits and it allows me to drill straight.

Beamshots in the OP

Very cool. Wish there would be a group buy for a custom light like this.

Thanks!

Group buy! I would hate to be the person who had to build a whole bunch of these! :stuck_out_tongue:

lol :smiley:

But that’s the thing. I like modding, but tbh this is just that bit too far beyond my skill set. But I’d love to own something like this, and I guess others would too. But the modding bit would be easy for a supplier/maker of these lights. Wouldn’t it be great if like the EE X6 we could get something custom like this made?

Very impressive! Awesome job on the mod!

It would be awesome! I would love to be able to buy lights like this assuming a reasonable price.

Sadly though, I don’t think any manufacturers would sell a light that’s driven as hard as this. It pulls over 8A and on high gets hot within a minute! There are too many people that couldn’t be trusted with a light like this.

Thanks!

Now onto the next project which is sitting in bits in front of me!

This thread is a bit old, but I want to say:
Impressive mod! I’m extremely jealous!

Thanks! I actually just had this light apart this week. One of the dies on the emitter was dead so when Zoomed in u could see a little black spot. So I bought a new Q0 bin emitter from Hank and swapped them over.

VERY nice light you built here, that Jax is looking very tempting all of a sudden :slight_smile:

Have you considered a partial dedome, ie a dome slice on that broken Mt-g2 before you swap it out? Would be interested in seeing a before and after dedome in an aspheric mt-g2 light.

this build is amazing! i wanna do this myself now!

Thanks! It turned out to be a really nice light in the end. I’m happy to answer any questions about things that I did if you end up doing it yourself.

Thanks! No I didn’t unfortunately. I accidentally damaged the dome when I was removing the emitter from the light so I just threw it in the bin.

Congrats. Love the beam patterns, both wide and zoomed. Looks like it will be a very handy light for many situations.